H-89 questions

Yin

May 8, 2024, 11:30:02 PMMay 8
to SEBHC
so i got a h89 that needs to be painted does anyone know what the original color used was, it was made in jul 31 1982. And my other question was is anyone selling a h-89-37 card so i can use 5 inch soft sector floppy disks.

Glenn Roberts

May 9, 2024, 5:21:37 AMMay 9
to SEBHC
can you post a picture of this system?  before you paint you might try a good cleaning with a soapy sponge and a very mild abrasive cleaner like SoftScrub. You might be surprised how nicely this case cleans up. I've never had to repaint an H19 or H89 case. Usually there are a few small wear spots near the keyboard (from hands resting there).

Joseph Travis

May 9, 2024, 11:27:40 AMMay 9
to se...@googlegroups.com
For the light grey color use: Rust-Oleum Ultra Matte "perfect gray"  20066 37746
'Sorry I don't have a match for the dark grey.

For the soft sector controller board, check out:  http://koyado.com/Heathkit/H89-Z37.html

Lee Hart

May 9, 2024, 2:18:26 PMMay 9
to se...@googlegroups.com
I also have a couple blank H89-37 PC boards. I never built them up because I don't have a way to program the two PALs they need. The WD1797 and WD2143 chips are also difficult to find.

glenn.f...@gmail.com

May 9, 2024, 5:38:32 PMMay 9
to se...@googlegroups.com

One source of 2797 is Quest (from most recent BOM for 17/37/67 board for  H8):

WD2797A-PL Integrated Circuits | WD2797APL | Quest Components

$20 each…

  • Glenn

norberto.collado koyado.com

May 10, 2024, 12:59:13 AMMay 10
to se...@googlegroups.com

I still have one H89 Soft Sector bare board available if interested.

http://koyado.com/Heathkit/H89-Z37.html

Norberto