Charles Floto

Mark Garlanger

Jun 20, 2024, 12:03:43 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to se...@googlegroups.com

Sad news to report, Charles Floto (publisher of Sextant and BUSS), recently passed away - https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/name/charles-floto-obituary?id=54813964

I was contacted by his niece, and there is a complete set of Sextant magazines, she would like to go to a good home. I already have a complete set, so I offered to make it available to someone one the list. Just email me directly, if you are interested, and I can get you in contact with her.

Mark

Dave McGuire

Jun 20, 2024, 12:12:07 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to se...@googlegroups.com
Very sad indeed. Have these magazines all been scanned?

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA

Joseph Travis

Jun 20, 2024, 12:40:49 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to se...@googlegroups.com
Sad news indeed.  I remember seeing him at HUGcon.  Very interesting fella.  RIP.

Joe

Glenn Roberts

Jun 20, 2024, 12:42:47 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to se...@googlegroups.com
Sad news.

I believe someone (Mark?) contacted Charles a while back about posting scans of Sextant and he was reluctant at that time to do so (?). In the meantime mist or possibly all issues have been posted to archive.org.

I wonder if we have captured all the Buss issues?

Sent from my iPad

Mark Garlanger

Jun 20, 2024, 2:20:20 PM (9 days ago) Jun 20
to se...@googlegroups.com
I believe it was Jack that had contacted him a long time ago. I had tried to reach out to him a few times but never got any response(maybe wasn't correct contact info).

I did ask his niece about the copyrights, and she was going to investigate and let me know if we could post them. I think I have all BUSS newsletters except for the first 6. I also asked her to keep an eye out for any BUSS newsletters he may still have.
If anyone has those first 6 issues, it would be great to get those scanned/saved.

Mark

Joseph Travis

Jun 24, 2024, 10:26:22 PM (5 days ago) Jun 24
to se...@googlegroups.com
I did a little research on copyright law and what happens when the copyright holder dies.  Just like real property, the copyright is transferred to the heir(s).  In the absence of a will, it's typically transferred to the spouse.  If Charlie's niece is the oldest / closest living relative, it would likely be her.

Joe