H8-4 ATX power conversion (note to self)

Les Bird

Nov 22, 2022, 12:03:34 PM11/22/22
to SEBHC
To modify the H8-4 for ATX power make sure you strap the 7912 properly. I thought my card was bad but after thoroughly checking my regulator straps I realized I strapped the 7912 incorrectly. The result is not damaging, it basically applies GND to the output chips (instead of -12v) which results in console input working but nothing is output to the console.

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 9.51.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-11-22 at 9.52.17 AM.png

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2022, 9:24:32 PM11/22/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

And at the risk of embarrassing you Les, your own notes on your site indicated this 😊:

https://sebhc.github.io/sebhc/pcbs/H8-2000_Construction.html

To modify the H8-4 for ATX power make sure you strap the 7912 properly. I thought my card was bad but after thoroughly checking my regulator straps I realized I strapped the 7912 incorrectly. The result is not damaging, it basically applies GND to the output chips (instead of -12v) which results in console input working but nothing is output to the console.

image001.png
image002.png
image003.png