H8-H37-H67 board BOM

Mitchell Smith (KB3GKC)

Sep 27, 2022, 10:27:57 AM9/27/22
to SEBHC
On the BOM for the H8-H37-H67 board, line# 63 for P8.

16 PIN SOCKET (ribbon connector to CPU)

Is this just a regular 16 pin IC socket?
If not, does anyone have a PN?

Thanks.

Mitch

Steven Hirsch

Sep 27, 2022, 11:17:33 AM9/27/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
On 9/27/22 10:27, Mitchell Smith (KB3GKC) wrote:
> On the BOM for the H8-H37-H67 board, line# 63 for P8.
>
> 16 PIN SOCKET (ribbon connector to CPU)
>
> Is this just a regular 16 pin IC socket?

If that's for the jumper between the CPU and controller then, yes, it's a
standard 16-pin DIP socket.

Glenn Roberts

Sep 27, 2022, 11:31:36 AM9/27/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
I generally use machined sockets in all ic locations but a case can be made for using a dual leaf socket here to make it easier to insert and remove the 16-pin jumper. User preference of course…

Sent from my iPad

> On Sep 27, 2022, at 11:17 AM, Steven Hirsch <snhi...@gmail.com> wrote:

norberto.collado koyado.com

Sep 27, 2022, 12:32:53 PM9/27/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Perhaps this link on how to make the cable can help. It is for the H89-SBC, but it applies to the H8 as well.

Norberto
Building the 16 pin ribbon cable for the H8-Z37 and H89-Z37 boards. 1. Order from Jameco (Part no. 42674) two 16 pin position IDC connector as shown below.2. Order from Jameco (Part no. 643532) cable Ribbon 16 conductor.3. Crimping tools to build-out the cable.

Sep 27, 2022, 1:41:07 PM9/27/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

And if you build it properly the plugs will naturally fit (no twist in the cable needed) whether you route the cable over the top of the boards or underneath…  I usually go underneath… for those who’ve not used a Z80/Z37 combo before: the other end of the cable goes into the socket that would normally house a 74LS148 chip in the lower right corner of the Z80 CPU board.  On the Rev 3.1 and Rev 4 boards this is U16.  Simply remove the 74LS148 and save it in anti-static foam in case you ever want to run the board without the Z37 connection…  when the Z37 is connected you’ll need to change 3 jumpers on the CPU board (see jumper config instructions on Norberto’s site)…

Mitchell Smith (KB3GKC)

Sep 27, 2022, 7:56:34 PM9/27/22
to SEBHC
Thanks a bunch!