H8, H88, H89, Z89, and H19 ROM Source Code

Jeff Tranter

Apr 24, 2024, 6:15:31 PMApr 24
to se...@googlegroups.com
I don't know if this is of use to anyone else, but I have entered the source code for the Heathkit ROM code for the H8 (PAM-8), H88/89 (MTR88), Z89 (MTR89), and H19 terminal (still in progress). It is based on the source code listings published by Heathkit.

The code can be cross-assembled with the ASL assembler and produces binaries that match the original ROMs.

You can find the code here: https://github.com/jefftranter/8080/tree/master/asm/Heathkit

Regards,
Jeff

Les Bird

Apr 24, 2024, 7:37:08 PMApr 24
to SEBHC
Nice. Thanks Jeff... I can see this being useful.

Les

James Entenman

Apr 25, 2024, 6:53:22 PMApr 25
to se...@googlegroups.com
Thanks so much. I was wondering how to get this source code.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sebhc/2dc169e8-30aa-4d73-99d1-88233367dfd5n%40googlegroups.com
.

Bill Lewis

Apr 25, 2024, 10:59:03 PMApr 25
to SEBHC
I have this disk, and imaged it, but haven't done anything with it yet.

I had typed in that H-19 listing and made some changes to it.
Not idea what, it's been too many decades.

WRL-H19.JPG

Mark Garlanger

Apr 25, 2024, 11:03:05 PMApr 25
to se...@googlegroups.com
The code is all available one directory down from the link that Jeff provided in his email - https://github.com/jefftranter/8080/tree/master/asm/Heathkit

Mark

Mark Garlanger

Apr 25, 2024, 11:38:42 PMApr 25
to se...@googlegroups.com
Bill,

   "MYH19.ASM" is the same name as was used by the Watzman H19 ROM offered by the Heath User's Group. I wonder if your file may have started from there, and then you made some modifications to it.
I have two versions of the source for that ROM, but both are smaller than your version by a few K. I've attached them to the email, and the manual is available on my site - https://heathkit.garlanger.com/software/library/HUG/docs/MYH19.DOC.txt

Mark

MYH19.ASM
MYH19A.ASM

Jeff Tranter

Apr 26, 2024, 8:20:15 AMApr 26
to se...@googlegroups.com
All of the source code was typed in based on the source listings published in Heahtkit manuals. I made some changes to adapt it to the "asl" assembler I am using.
The H19 source code is still in progress.

Bill Lewis

Apr 26, 2024, 10:20:04 AMApr 26
to SEBHC
Obviously you must be right.

I had no access to CP/M when I was playing with my H-19.
But I did modify the code, which I typed in.  Back then I used my own assembler, which I wrote in APL, and ran on the IBM mainframe at work.
Nothing survives of any of that.

A friend got an H-89, and the pictured floppy is from his estate.  But the label has my initials in my handwriting.
So I can't explain what that was.

Bill