Rev 4.0 CPU card and the H8-H67-H37-H17 card

Rob

Jun 23, 2022, 7:46:12 PM6/23/22
to SEBHC
Does this combination of the new Rev 4.0 CPU and the new H8-H67-H37-H17 card still require the ribbon cable connecting the two cards together?

I'm moving from the H8-Z37 controller to the new H8 Mass Storage Card and CPU card.

According to the BOM, it looks like the ribbon cable will plug into P8, the 16 pin socket.

On the H8-Z37 card, the socket was labeled as the CPU interface socket.

I believe this is right, but wanted to confirm and document the question for others.

Thanks!

Rob

Glenn Roberts

Jun 23, 2022, 7:51:15 PM6/23/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Yes, just like all the other Z80 board versions.

Sent from my iPad

On Jun 23, 2022, at 7:46 PM, Rob <rw...@robhome.com> wrote:

Does this combination of the new Rev 4.0 CPU and the new H8-H67-H37-H17 card still require the ribbon cable connecting the two cards together?

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2022, 8:33:04 PM6/23/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

FYI, if useful, here is a picture of my Rev 4 board with the H8 Mass Storage Card in piggy back mode (H67/37/17 all functional).  This system also has the 512K MMU board for CP/M 3 operation.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/GKt5ZuhmXk9Ykq5a8

I believe in this picture I was testing the “stand alone” (no front panel) operational capability of the board…

  • Glenn

norberto.collado koyado.com

Jun 23, 2022, 8:43:24 PM6/23/22
to se...@googlegroups.com