H89 Left Side Board Bracket.

norberto.collado koyado.com

Sep 27, 2024, 3:08:03 AMSep 27
to se...@googlegroups.com

I did not realize until now that Heathkit designed the H89 left side board bracket to be able to hold boards with the 10-pin and 25-pin connectors soldered to the right or left side of the board. The bracket comes from factory with the two plastic guides just to hold two boards with connectors soldered onto the right side of the board. If we move the plastic guides to the other available three holes, then we can install 3 boards with the connector soldered on the left side of the board.

Very ingenious from Heathkit to be able to support either board.

Norby

Glenn Roberts

Sep 27, 2024, 5:49:32 AMSep 27
to se...@googlegroups.com
Wow. Never realized that! Clever those Heath engineers!

Sent from my iPad

On Sep 27, 2024, at 3:08 AM, norberto.collado koyado.com <norberto...@koyado.com> wrote:

I did not realize until now that Heathkit designed the H89 left side board bracket to be able to hold boards with the 10-pin and 25-pin connectors soldered to the right or left side of the board. The bracket comes from factory with the two plastic guides just to hold two boards with connectors soldered onto the right side of the board. If we move the plastic guides to the other available three holes, then we can install 3 boards with the connector soldered on the left side of the board.

Very ingenious from Heathkit to be able to support either board.

<image001.png>

Norby

Joseph Travis

Sep 27, 2024, 8:47:32 AMSep 27
to se...@googlegroups.com

Yes.  And that is the bracket I was talking about that will block the view of the power LED on the VDIP board.

Joe