H8 auction on ebay info...

Joe Travis N6YPC

Aug 6, 2022, 12:27:28 PM8/6/22
to SEBHC
For anyone interested or watching the ebay auction: https://www.ebay.com/itm/204051167344

I repaired several of the boards in that machine a couple weeks ago.  I didn't know who this guy was until he recently listed it for sale on ebay.  At least he's fairly honest about the description and condition.  He does mention the Tryonix M-H8 memory board is flakey.

I didn't have any documentation on the M-H8 until after I returned the boards to him.  Once I received the documentation, I discovered there is a list of mods and improvements for the board (that it doesn't have currently).

'Just thought I'd pass this information on in case anyone is interested in buying it.

Regards,
Joe Travis n6ypc

Glenn Roberts

Aug 6, 2022, 1:02:50 PM8/6/22
to <sebhc@googlegroups.com>
You obviously should get a cut of his profits!

I miss the old days when people put stuff out there with a low starting bid and let the marketplace do its thing. I actually feel like that's a better strategy than starting high and lowering until you get a nibble. It's exciting to see bidders get caught up in the process, which helps drive up the price...

My two cents...

Joseph Travis

Aug 6, 2022, 1:28:53 PM8/6/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the thought but, no.  My only interest is bringing them back to life and making them useful again.  I get a lot of enjoyment from mine and hope that others will also.

Regards,
Joe

Glenn Roberts

Aug 6, 2022, 4:11:38 PM8/6/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Well I was being facetious. I share your mission (as do many of us I’m sure) to preserve these machines and keep them running!

Sent from my iPad

Peter Higgins

Aug 6, 2022, 10:15:43 PM8/6/22
to SEBHC
FWIW, I recently implemented those M-H8 "mods and improvements" on a board I had acquired in the hope that good things would happen. Although Trionyx claimed these mods were performance improvements, in my experience they made an already "flakey" board even "flakier" - and ultimately I ended up un-doing the mods. It was probably best you left it alone.