H8 Z180, H8 8080A, and Soon H8 H17 Full Length Controller Boards Available

Todd Goodman

Mar 27, 2023, 11:01:43 AM3/27/23
to SEBHC
Hi everyone,

I now have Norberto's H8 Z180 CPU board (https://koyado.com/heathkit/New-H8-Website/h8-z180-cpu.html) available for US$20 each.

I also have Norberto's H8 8080A CPU board (https://koyado.com/heathkit/New-H8-Website/h8-8080a-64kb-board.html) for US$10 each.

I will soon (any day now) have Norberto's H8 H17 Full Length Controller board (https://koyado.com/heathkit/New-H8-Website/h8-h17-vdip1-fsb.html) for US$12 each.

A note on the pricing.  The Z180 was ordered from PCBCart and their pricing has gone up a lot for per board cost, tooling and shipping.

I switched to JLPCB for the 8080A board which lowered cost quite a bit.

Then for the H17 board I ordered from JLPCB but doubled the copper weight (from 1oz to 2oz) to hopefully aid in desoldering/resoldering.

I will plan to order from JLPCB in the future for boards without hard gold fingers and as long as the quality is acceptable (I don't see any visible difference between the Z180 and 8080A boards for quality).

As always, if anyone is interested, please contact me via private email.

Thank you!

Todd

glenn.f...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2023, 11:11:48 AM3/27/23
to se...@googlegroups.com

Great news Todd. Thanks for all you do for the group!

norberto.collado koyado.com

Mar 27, 2023, 12:15:42 PM3/27/23
to se...@googlegroups.com

Thanks Todd for all your support!

Please update the link for the 8080A board to https://koyado.com/heathkit/New-H8-Website/h8-8080a-eeprom-ram-uart-ha8-8.html

As it is pointing right now to the H8 8080A memory board and not the CPU board.

I received the Z180 and the 8080A CPU’s board this weekend and they look great. After testing the CR2032 coin battery to backup the memory RAM on both boards, I observed that it will drained the coin battery faster and for the Z180 even worse due to the 1MB RAM capacity. I added a connector to provide power externally from the +5V-STB PC power supply or from a 5V wall transformer. Also, on the Z180 CPU you can drive the bus (/02)with the 2MHz clock, CPU output clock or CPU input clock. Also, there are more improvements to each board based on my testing with the proto boards.

Thanks,

Norberto

Todd Goodman

Mar 27, 2023, 2:02:23 PM3/27/23
to se...@googlegroups.com

Thanks go to you Norberto and Glenn and everyone else who is spending so much time and money to design, organize and bring in new people.

Oops, thanks for the correction Norberto.  Should be fixed now.

Thanks,

Todd

Les Bird

Mar 27, 2023, 9:37:23 PM3/27/23
to SEBHC
Am I reading the date on the 8080 board right? 10/31/2023? It is from the future!!

Les

norberto.collado koyado.com

Mar 27, 2023, 10:16:11 PM3/27/23
to se...@googlegroups.com

That is correct! That is my target date to complete such board into production. Why? Because it is my birthday. 😊

Norberto