Curious to know if any members are also into Heath Robotics

Eric Mack

Feb 1, 2023, 10:04:13 PM2/1/23
to se...@googlegroups.com

Even rarer than the H8/H89 were the Heathkit robots, I believe. Remarkably well made in the Heathkit style, and suitable for expansion.

Anyway, I’m curious to know if any members are also into Heath Robotics

Eric Mack

smb...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2023, 10:10:13 PM2/1/23
to SEBHC
Yes, I have two of them here a Hero 1 and a Hero Jr.

The junior is actually a project to replace all of the vintage electronics with modern electronics. (and no, I'm not the person who originally committed the sacrilege -- someone else removed all the electronics and put the mechanical remains up on ebay).

Back in the 80s I owned a Hero Jr.

Scott

Steven Feinsmith

Feb 1, 2023, 10:14:59 PM2/1/23
to se...@googlegroups.com
Check: https://groups.io/g/herobots

Good luck,
Steven

Steven Feinsmith

Feb 1, 2023, 10:16:37 PM2/1/23
to se...@googlegroups.com
Check: https://groups.io/g/herobots

Steven

Dave McGuire

Feb 1, 2023, 10:19:35 PM2/1/23
to se...@googlegroups.com
I'm not into them myself, but we do have several of them at LSSM. I
remember all too well drooling over them in the catalogs in the 80s!

-Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ
New Kensington, PA

Mark Garlanger

Feb 1, 2023, 10:21:57 PM2/1/23
to se...@googlegroups.com
I have two Hero 1 robots. Seeing how the Hero has an 8-bit 6808 CPU, I'd say Hero discussion would be on-topic, unless a significant number of members object. We could also consider setting up another google group for it.

Mark