Is anyone interested in either an H88 and H89

Richard Lentz

Dec 5, 2021, 2:12:08 PM12/5/21
to SEBHC
I have an H89, and an H88 both in excellent working order and well taken care of. I have not used them in the last five years. However I do turn them on at least every three months and do a memory test and check the drives. Each has the Half-size IBM style disks instead of the original Full size installed.
The H89 was factory built. I purchased it on eBay with a description of Dead, no power. When it arrived it looked Brand New. I immediately saw that the flimsy plugs used on the PS board were discolored and after replacing them she fired right up and no problems since.  Sellers address was Benton Harbor, MI. which makes me think it was a return that never got fixed. I have installed Norby's H89-Z67 Controller, Z67-IDE+, Dual CF adapter and H89-MMS-IDE Monitor prom. This made it fun to use again. Memory module has both CPM and HDOS OS partitions. Also most of the compatible HUG software available  downloaded from the internet installed on the card. The original H90 monitor rom will be included.
The H88 is one I built in 1979. It was also taken care of like a baby. Works great. [brightness control potentiometer needs cleaned]. Both weigh ~50 pounds, each. As I live in Omaha, NE, shipping is ~$100 to Boston, Seattle Miami or LA. If I put on eBay I would be asking $250 for the H89 and $200 for the H88.
If interested let me know. I am a retired Navy Chief Electronics Technician and bought the H88 shortly after I got out of the Navy. I am now in my 70's and just want these two babies to go to someone that will take care of them as I did and not in the dumpster. Manuals / schematics can be included at no charge, but will add more weight.

s shumaker

Dec 5, 2021, 2:56:08 PM12/5/21
to se...@googlegroups.com, Richard Lentz
I'd definitely be interested in the 89!  That would (mostly) finish my Heathkit replacements lost last summer.   Is it spoken for yet?

Steve

Richard Lentz

Dec 5, 2021, 3:26:53 PM12/5/21
to SEBHC
Just posted this an hour ago - You are first. Will sell to the best offer. Willing to take less than $250 assuming buyer pays shipping. I feel it should be packed by UPS and they want ~$30 for packing (which I will pay for) and $110 to Seattle/Miami.

Do you want photos?

Rich

Richard Lentz

Dec 6, 2021, 7:03:08 PM12/6/21
to SEBHC
Both the H89 and H88 have been spoken for.  So glad I posted these here rather than on eBay. I feel as If I have just made two people very happy and fulfilled some of their desires/wishes.