New H8 Front Panel keycap LEDs

Terry Smedley

Apr 15, 2022, 10:14:52 AM4/15/22
to SEBHC
I've been running Norberto's new H8 Front Panel since early July of last year.  The 3mm white LEDs used for keycap backlighting have been getting progressively dimmer.  They finally reached the point where I pulled the board and replaced them.  I originally used the Chanzon LEDs listed on the BOM.  They run at about half their rated current, so the panel shouldn't be stressing them.   The gradual reduction in brightness was uniform across all 16 LEDs.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I replaced them with Inolux INL-3AW30 (DigiKey 1830-1006-ND).

Terry

Norberto Collado

Apr 15, 2022, 11:27:21 AM4/15/22
to se...@googlegroups.com

Interesting! I have been running my system non-stop since I mounted them and still very bright. In my case I’m using the RGB LED’s from Chanzon which they cycle overtime. The board uses 220 ohms to get the brightness up.

Thanks for the feedback!

Norberto