Filer with MySql

Bhavesh Kharwa

Jan 20, 2021, 2:02:05 AM1/20/21
to Seaweed File System
Hello,

 I have start filer using following command in windows.

weed filer

Now the default in filer.toml file is as below:

[leveldb2]
# local on disk, mostly for simple single-machine setup, fairly scalable
# faster than previous leveldb, recommended.
enabled = true
dir = "./filerldb2"

[mysql]  # or tidb
 #CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS filemeta (
  # dirhash     BIGINT         COMMENT 'first 64 bits of MD5 hash value of directory field',
   #name        VARCHAR(1000)  COMMENT 'directory or file name',
   #directory   TEXT           COMMENT 'full path to parent directory',
   #meta        LONGBLOB,
   #PRIMARY KEY (dirhash, name)
# ) DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

enabled = false
hostname = "localhost"
port = 3306
username = "root"
password = "root"
database = "tidb"              # create or use an existing database
connection_max_idle = 2
connection_max_open = 100
interpolateParams = false

Now my requirement is to disable leveldb2 and enable mysql. I have updated the property enabled to false in leveldb2 and enabled to true in mysql but somehow filer still point to leveldb2 and also tabel is not created in database.

Can someone provide me correct configuration

Thanks,
Bhavesh K

Chris Lu

Jan 20, 2021, 6:58:37 AM1/20/21
to Seaweed File System
Please share the filer startup logs, and look for anything mentioning leveldb or mysql.

Bhavesh Kharwa

Jan 20, 2021, 11:52:16 PM1/20/21
to seaw...@googlegroups.com
sorry, I configured it in the wrong way. I have corrected it and now it is working fine. But still, I have one question. I have started filer using the following command.

weed filer -port=8888 -peers=localhost:8888,localhost:8889
weed filer -port=8889 -peers=localhost:8888,localhost: 8889

If I stop filer listening to port 8888 then without retry is there any option to connect filer to 8889? Can you provide me an example to auto-connect to filer on a different port (i.e. 8889)?

Thanks & Regards,

Bhavesh Kharwa

Chris Lu

Jan 21, 2021, 1:11:21 AM1/21/21