network traffic, encrypted?

Jason Aten

Sep 8, 2015, 9:13:40 PM9/8/15
to Seaweed File System
How hard would it be to provide encrypted network traffic for Seaweedfs?

If I wanted to add encryption, what files would I need to read/touch?

Thank you.

Jason

Chris Lu

Sep 9, 2015, 12:13:16 AM9/9/15
to seaw...@googlegroups.com
I am planning to add encrypted network traffic via json web token. But I simply don't have time yet.

It's a distributed system, handling admin requests and common read/write requests.
These are folders you need to thoroughly understand before embarking on it:
seaweedfs/go/weed/weed_server/
seaweedfs/go/operation/
seaweedfs/go/security/          # half done work in there

Chris

Jason Aten

Sep 9, 2015, 1:09:22 AM9/9/15
to Seaweed File System
Cool. I've used AES128/256 before (based on github.com/dgryski/dkeyczar) in my Go job scheduler (github.com/glycerine/goq), which is a distributed system; albiet a very simple one.  Now that there is a Go/amd64-assembly implementation of elliptic curve P256 for AES-GCM (https://github.com/glycerine/fast-elliptic-curve-p256) courtesy of CloudFlare, I would use that for safety and speed (the speedup from the amd64 assembly code is 20-30x versus Go-only on some operations).

- Jason

Yanfeng Tian

Aug 14, 2018, 8:27:19 AM8/14/18
to Seaweed File System
Hi Chris,

Is this network traffic encryption feature done in version 0.92? Also is there a way to use https to download/upload file?

Thank you,
Yanfeng