Are we on for Schemer BBQ?

Javier Soto

Jul 20, 2015, 2:46:08 PM7/20/15
to seattle...@googlegroups.com
Just wanted to confirm before I go out hunting for meat.

The idea, a BBQ at the Brix to celebrate the end of the third book of Scheme. A single prerequisite to participate in the meatfest (that didn't sound right): to solve an easy problem on a whiteboard that we'll set up for the occasion. Depending on what book you finished, you can choose among these:

Little Schemer => Code the "XYZ multiplexor combinator"
Seasoned Schemer => Explain to granny the concept of continuations with an everyday analogy (goto, reversible socks and worm-holes are not valid)
Reasoned Schemer => Solve the classy "8Queens, 4 knights and 13 pawns", or the devilish "Escher's Apartamento".

No solution, no food.
Infinite loop, no booze.

Scott is it tomorrow or Sunday? Ryan's or your place? Should we RSVP?

Thanks,
Javier

Scott Windsor

Jul 20, 2015, 3:09:05 PM7/20/15
to seattle...@googlegroups.com
AFAIK we're still on for tomorrow (Tuesday) at Ryan's place in leu of our normal meetup (so 6pm?). I'm not sure if I can solve all of those problems, but I'll make sure to bring meat (I should have around 4 lbs of pulled pork + BBQ sauce on the side for sauce-haters), booze (something from my stock), some type of side (maybe pickled onions?) and an ability to talk all things schemey.

- scott

Javier Soto

Jul 20, 2015, 6:45:16 PM7/20/15
to seattle...@googlegroups.com
It is going to be a meat overdose because I am bringing a further 7 steaks (7.2 pounds) of rib-eye from Rain Shadow Meats.

Ryan Davis

Jul 20, 2015, 11:00:58 PM7/20/15
to seattle...@googlegroups.com
I will pitch in for some of that meat and eat at least 1lb of it. :)

Aja Hammerly

Jul 21, 2015, 2:48:42 AM7/21/15
to seattle...@googlegroups.com
I'm bringing  salad, pickles, and zucchini.

Aja Hammerly

Jul 21, 2015, 9:02:20 PM7/21/15
to seattle...@googlegroups.com
Meet me at the Brix entrance on Broadway for SchemeBBQ.