Iron Puzzler 2012, March 3-4

Iron Puzzler

Jan 31, 2012, 3:25:35 AM1/31/12
to seattlep...@googlegroups.com
Hello fellow puzzlers.

We are pleased to announce Iron Puzzler 2012, which will run simultaneously in the Bay Area and Seattle on March 3-4. If you are unfamiliar with this event, visit www.ironpuzzler.com to see how it works.

In addition to having a simulcast event, this year we will also be offering a First Timers bracket in both locations. The First Timers bracket is an attempt to encourage teams that may not have much (or any) experience writing puzzles to try their hand at it, without the responsibility of having to put on a whole event, and without the pressure of cranking out 2 puzzles in a very short period of time. Instead of having a single day to write puzzles, first timers will have a full week to develop their puzzles- and they will also be able to ask experienced puzzle creators for feedback on their designs. We already have a few vets lined up for mentoring, but we'd love a few more. If you have experience writing puzzles, and would like help out the next generation of puzzle constructors, please consider donating a few hours of your time the week from Feb 25-March 2 to work with a team through a few iterations of their puzzles, helping them out with any tips, tricks, or conventions you've picked up along the way.

Either location will need at least 4 teams worth of interest for the First Timers bracket to run.

If you are interested in signing a team up for either the regular or the first timers event, and/or if you would like to mentor a first timer team, please go to http://www.ironpuzzler.com/registration.html to sign up. (Note: being a mentor for a first timer team will NOT preclude you from playing in the regular event, as the ingredients will be different). If you have already emailed to express interest in playing or mentoring, please still sign up on the site so we have everything in one place. Thanks.

If you have any questions do not hesitate to email i...@ironpuzzler.com We look forward to seeing you at our respective events.

Greg deBeer - Iron Puzzler Bay Area
Bruce Leban, Iron Puzzler Seattle