Fwd: [NPL] DASH Puzzle Hunt, September 13

Bruce Leban

Aug 16, 2009, 6:33:38 PM8/16/09
to seattlep...@googlegroups.com
[seattlepuzzlenews is announce only; for discussion, use
seattlep...@googlegroups.com]

On Sunday, September 13, there will be a puzzle hunt/adventure held
simultaneously in 8 different US cities:  Boston, Houston, Los Angeles,
Palo Alto, Portland, San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC.   This
is an outdoor event where you solve a clue which leads you to another
location, where you receive the next clue and so on.  It will be
entirely on foot and should last somewhere between 4-6 hours.

Creating the hunt has been a collaborative effort.  Each city
contributed one clue to the event, and each event will use all the clues
from the contributing cities.  In other words, the clues for each city's
hunt will be the same, only the locations will be different.   As far as
I know, nothing like this has been done before (but I don't know that
much, and the world's been around for a long time, so I could be wrong).

I'm helping run the Washington DC event, and we think this is a great
opportunity to help grow communities for real-world puzzling events in
cities that don't have a lot of these types of things going on.
Hopefully this will be an annual, or even semi-annual thing.

Several of the cities, including DC, are now accepting signups.  To
register, visit http://www.playdash.org.  And spread the word to anyone you
think might want to play!

Bruce Leban

Aug 16, 2009, 6:34:01 PM8/16/09
to seattlep...@googlegroups.com

Bruce Leban

Aug 18, 2009, 7:53:09 PM8/18/09
to Bruce Leban, seattlep...@googlegroups.com
Oops. I fwded that message from my phone and didn't edit it. The "I" in that message is an NPL member whose name I don't know, not me. I've never been to the other Washington. :-(

--- Bruce