FYI: Puzzle hunt calendar, lists, and a secret cabal

Dan Egnor

Apr 4, 2011, 12:50:27 PM4/4/11
to Dan Egnor
After a flurry of discussions, some new resources have been created for keeping track of puzzle hunt events, particularly on the West Coast (Bay Area, Seattle, etc):

Puzzle Hunt Calendar - http://puzzlehuntcalendar.com/

I'm maintaining this as a central listing of all "puzzle hunt ish" events.  This is a somewhat vague category, but I hope to be exhaustive for BANG/SNAP/Shinteki/The-Game/Puzzlehunt type events on the West Coast, and to include "interesting" events outside that scope (other areas, other genres).  Let me (eg...@ofb.net) know if there's something missing, or if you ever feel like it's getting too spammy to be useful.

The calendar is a Google calendar underneath (two Google calendars actually), which you can add to your personal calendar or subscribe to.

Secret Puzzle Hunt Cabal

(The cabal is not secret, but the puzzle hunts are!)  A public calendar can't help resolve conflicts between events which are in the planning stage.  If you're thinking about running something, not quite ready to announce, but want to feel out whether certain dates might conflict, you should contact the following upstanding community members who have graciously agreed to keep your event in confidence but inform you of potential conflicts.  I recommend mailing all three:

bdho...@pacbell.net (Brent Holman)
jeffrey...@gmail.com (Jeff Wallace)
spa...@snout.org (Curtis Chen)

Note, this list is included at the bottom of puzzlehuntcalendar.com.

Puzzlehunt News

In addition to groups you may now about (baybang, the_game), Bruce Leban created the puzzlehuntnews group to be an inclusive list for announcements of puzzle hunt type events, with a West Coast focus.  (This is in addition to the more specific seattlepuzzlenews group.)

Happy hunting,

-- egnor