KenKen tournament in Seattle March 12th

Roy Leban

Feb 8, 2016, 8:36:59 PM2/8/16
to Seattle Puzzle News
Forwarded from the KenKen folks. A bit surprised I've seen no local publicity for this, but I'm not longer a member of the Pacific Science Center and maybe they're not doing much publicity outside of that.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!

The First Official West Coast KENKEN Tournament

Pacific Science Center, Seattle, WA

Saturday, March 12

Become the very first West Coast KENKEN champ!

GREAT NEWS!!

Pacific Science Center will host the first-ever West Coast KENKEN Tournament on Saturday, March 12. SAVE THE DATE AND REGISTER TODAY!

Open to all puzzlers, KENKEN players from around the region will be competing to become the very first West Coast KENKEN Champion. If you're a KENKEN fan of any age or skill level, you won't want to miss this exciting, first-ever championship competition.

Registration is limited to the first 200 people ages 10 and up.

This inaugural West Coast KENKEN Tournament will be the centerpiece of Pacific Science Center's Pi Weekend Activities that celebrate and explore the essential functions that math plays in our lives. Tournament participants will also have access to Pacific Science Center's latest exhibit Math Moves!, a full-body experience of ratios and proportions for guests of all ages.

Register today!

Date:     Saturday, March 12, 2016

Time:     11:00am to 2:00pm

             (Registration begins at 10:00am. Last entry will be 10:50am)

Place:    Pacific Science Center (Ackerley Family Exhibit Gallery)

                   200 Second Avenue North, Seattle, Washington

Cost:      $6 in addition to admission to Pacific Science Center

                 (Pacific Science Center Members: $6)

Who:      Ages 10 and up

Register Now Button

Start practicing today at kenkenpuzzle.com where you can find unlimited free puzzles of all sizes and difficulty levels. You can also solve puzzles on the go by downloading the KENKEN app from the App Store, Google Play Store, or the Kindle App Store!

Curious about the details?

The tournament will consist of three rounds of 3 puzzles each.  Each round's KENKEN puzzles will get progressively harder. Be prepared to solve challenging puzzles of all sizes. The three contestants who score the most points across all 3 rounds will qualify to participate in the Championship round. This round will consist of one specially selected (and, dare we say, pretty difficult) puzzle. Watch the suspenseful short movie about the first KENKEN Puzzle Tournament here.

Math Moves! was developed by a partnership between the Science Museum of Minnesota; Explora, Albuquerque; the Museum of Life & Science, Durham; the Museum of Science, Boston; the Center for Research in Mathematics and Science Education (CRMSE) at San Diego State University, and TERC, Cambridge, with support from the National Science Foundation.