Call for CAGJ SLEE Volunteers!

Heather Day

Aug 22, 2013, 5:13:41 PM8/22/13
to Food Justice Project list-serve Project list-serve, agraconcern Concern, cagj...@seattleglobaljustice.org, aw-...@seattleglobaljustice.org, farm bill listserv, CAGJ Volunteers

CAGJ's annual Strengthening Local Economies Everywhere! (SLEE) Dinner is our most important fundraiser and community event of the year! And volunteers make it happen! Join our amazing group the week or night of the dinner, where you will meet great people all dedicated to the same cause: Food Justice and Food Sovereignty for all! And we'll have a fun after-party too.

SLEE Volunteer Opportunities!

*All volunteers the day of the dinner get in for free, and will get to enjoy the yummy dinner at the end of the evening.
*Volunteer for 4 hours minimum the week before the dinner, and get 1 solidarity ticket.
For more info and to sign up, please email Volunteer Coordinator, Matt Canfield:  volu...@seattleglobaljustice.org
Thank you!

Week Prior: Week of Aug 31 - Sept 6

Donation Pick ups

Anyone with a car who has time! LET US KNOW WHICH DAY/TIMES you are available

Flyer at U-District Farmers Market SAT 8/31, 9-11 or 11 - 1

Flyer at Broadway Farmers Market SUN 9/1, 11 - 1 or 1 - 3

Below volunteers opportunities all take place at dinner location:
University Christian Church, 4731 15th Ave NE, near UW campus

Friday, September 6, 2013

Food Prep (8 people) 10:00 - 3pm

Set-up (8 people) 10:00 - 3pm

“DAY OF” NEEDS: September 7, 2013

Food Prep: 2 shifts (10 people/shift)

Saturday 10:30AM-3PM no experience necessary

Saturday 3-9PM, experience would be helpful

Set up 2-4 PM (8 people)

Help set-up the Dining room and other spaces, make them beautiful!

Bar Tending  - 2 shifts

Seeking PEOPLE W LIQUOR HANDLING PERMIT

Set-up 3:30, Serve at one of two bars,  5 – 6:30 (4 people)

Serve at one bar during dinner, 6:30 – 9PM (2 people)

Servers 4-9:30PM (20 people)

THIS IS WHERE WE NEED THE MOST PEOPLE THE NIGHT OF! No experience needed!   No fancy outfit needed either!  Come early – at 4pm - for orientation – this is very important!  Stay to help serve dinner – you will have 2 or 3 tables, and will be serving the same platters of food to every table.

Child Care 6 - 9PM (2 people)

2 people needed to help with small group of kids, ages 2 – 11.

Clean Up 9-11PM (8 people)

All hands on deck to clean up after the dinner is over! We will also need people with cars willing to drive stuff back to the office.

ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED!

THANK YOU!

Heather Day, Director
Community Alliance for Global Justice

Hear Saru Jayaraman, leader of national movement to organize restaurant workers, at CAGJ's SLEE Dinner on Saturday Sept 7!