ACTION ALERT: Take Action In Your District For A Fair Farm Bill

Heather Day

Aug 16, 2013, 3:55:12 PM8/16/13
to farm bill listserv

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rural Coalition <ang...@ruralco.org>
Date: August 16, 2013 12:50:36 PM PDT
Subject: ACTION ALERT: Take Action In Your District For A Fair Farm Bill

Rural Coalition
ACTION ALERT: Take Action While Your Member of Congress Is Home!

Action August for a Full and Fair Farm Bill

Congress is back in district until  September 6th. Now is your opportunity to let them know that our country needs a full and fair Farm Bill. We are making it easy by providing tools and resources to engage with your Congress members in person and/or online.

If you are a community leader or community based organization it is time to mobilize your membership and attend in-district events and be vocal about what you want in the Farm Bill. Now is time to call, write, and meet your Congressperson and Senatorsat home and make sure they know what a Fair Farm Bill means to you. Utilize the Full and Fair Farm Bill Now statement and organizational sign-on letters listed below to show solidarity and amplify this grassroots message.

Find your Congress members:

Meet with your Representative and Senators in Person

Full and Fair Farm Bill Now- Participants of the  GOAT Process issued a statement demanding a full and fair Farm Bill from our Congress. Individuals and communities must continue to push the Farm Bill conversation throughout Congressional recess. The Full and Fair Farm Bill statement is still open for organizational signatories. We ask that your organization sign on, and pass the statement on to your networks. We are looking to send a strong message to Congress, from urban to rural, grassroots to policy-based, that we deserve better.

If you are not affiliated with an organization, then send the message below along with the Full and Fair Farm Bill Now statement to your representatives. Let them know you want a Bill before the legislation expires September 30, 2013.

Rural Coalition is working with members to help build civic engagement in each district. Contact ang...@ruralco.org if you want more information on how to act on a full and fair farm bill.

Engage with your Representative and Senators Online

Join the national conversation online by using the hashtags #FairFarmBill#FarmBill, and #ActionAugust. Be sure to engage others by tagging your partners, and tagging your Senators and Representatives.

Be sure to follow us on twitter (@ruralco) and facebook.

Many thanks for your great work from all of us here at the Rural Coalition.

This alert is sent out by:
Rural Coalition
1029 Vermont Ave Suite 601
Washington, DC 20005

Please send any questions or feedback to
This email was sent to hred...@gmail.com by ang...@ruralco.org |
Rural Coalition | 1029 Vermont Avenue NW | Suite 601 | Washington | DC | 20005

Heather Day, Director
Community Alliance for Global Justice