NWFBAG Steering Committee Seeks 2-3 additional members

1 view

Ariana Taylor-Stanley

Jul 3, 2013, 8:10:58 PM7/3/13
to farm bill listserv
Northwest Farm Bill Action Group seeks 2-3 additional members to join our Steering Committee

The Northwest Farm Bill Action Group (NWFBAG) is a group of community members who advocate for a more healthy, sustainable, and equitable food system and federal Farm Bill. We also provide education about the Farm Bill and the food systems it impacts in order to build capacity to advocate for change. Our volunteer Steering Committee oversees the group's work and is a great way to become a leader in the good food movement in Seattle.

Responsibilities
- Participate in:
   - 1x/month meetings
   - 1x/week (avg) email communication
   - 1x/quarter event
   - 1x/quarter general meeting
- Attend a Farm Bill 101 workshop and a Train-the-Trainer workshop
- Conduct outreach for NWFBAG as needed

Desired skills
- web design and programming
- social media
- research/policy analysis
workshop facilitation and/or teaching skills

We are specifically interested in broadening the diversity of our steering committee. We encourage people of all ages, genders, ethnicities, incomes, and abilities to apply. Policy expertise is not necessary - we are continually learning together.

To apply, please submit a letter of interest explaining why you are interested in joining the NWFBAG Steering Committee and what you have to contribute to the group to: farm...@seattleglobaljustice.org, or call 206.660.8958.

Ariana Taylor-Stanley
Coordinator, Northwest Farm Bill Action Group
farm...@seattleglobaljustice.org
www.nwfoodfight.org
facebook.com/nwfoodfight
206.660.8958