Hike with CAGJ TOMORROW! Meet 10am on Beacon Hill

1 view

Heather Day

Jun 14, 2013, 2:59:43 PM6/14/13
to Food Justice Project list-serve Project list-serve, cagj-ofor, Puget Sound Food Policy Council Policy Council, agraconcern Concern, aw-...@seattleglobaljustice.org, Advisory Board, farm bill listserv
<please forward widely!>
JOIN CAGJ TOMORROW!
Saturday, June 15
Food Justice Urban Hike-a-thon on Beacon Hill

Register or Donate today to help CAGJ
reach our fundraising goal on our Crowdrise page here

It's okay if you have not registered online!  You can just show up at 10am!
We ask that all hikers contribute $50, but no one will be turned away for lack of funds.

Meet at 10am at Jose Rizal Park - we'll provide muffins!
1008 12th Ave S  Seattle, WA 98144 - for map click here
Hike til 3pm, Party 3 - 5pm at Jefferson Park - for map click here
Snacks provided by CAGJ & Central Co-op

MORE ABOUT THE HIKE: The Hike-a-thon will be a guided exploration of Beacon Hill's social justice and food justice landscape, highlighting the historical and ongoing resistance of folks on the Hill, folks reclaiming land to grow food on, people of color-owned food businesses, the Beacon Hill Food Forest, all with a critical eye on the gentrification of the Hill. Featured stops include Beacon Hill Food Forest, El Centro de la Raza, and Alleycat Acres. The route is about 3 miles long.

WHY WE ARE HIKING & FUNDRAISING: Hikers will help us get a copy of our book “Our Food, Our Right” in every library and independent bookstore in the country! For more information on the book, click here.

Questions? Call Heather at 206-724-2243

See you tomorrow!

Heather Day, Director
Community Alliance for Global Justice