Reopening of Go Center Scheduled for June 1, 2021

opera...@seattlego.org

May 25, 2021, 12:15:35 PM5/25/21
to seat...@googlegroups.com

Dear Go Players,

We are very pleased to announce that the Seattle Go Center will be reopening in June 2021 with COVID-19 precautions, including masks. We will be open on Tuesdays from 3-9 p.m., and Saturdays from 1-6 p.m.   The windows will be open, so come dressed for outside temperatures.   Only two boards will be at each eight foot table.

Until we fully re-open, we ask that in addition to the regular Code of Conduct, you acknowledge the following:

  • We ask that unvaccinated people do not come to the Seattle Go Center.  (We are sorry that this means that many young players cannot attend until after vaccinations for youth become available.)
  • There will be no food eating inside the premises.
  • Wearing a mask is required at all times from entering the premises until leaving, unless you are on the roof deck.
  • You may consume drinks inside but must return your face mask to its functioning position after each sip.
  • Managers may add or change requirements in response to ongoing developments related to COVID.

Everybody will be asked to sign in with their name only at the front desk.  But we ask that they also update their membership forms, which include contact information, agreement to the Code of Conduct, and agreement to the COVID-19 precautions above.  Those forms will be kept in the office.  In general, we will participate in contact tracing of COVID infections by the King County Health Department, but members can opt out of contact tracing on the membership form if they want.

Our online programs, such as the popular Tuesday Zoom meetup, and the Thursday Beginner’s Lessons will continue this summer, and probably longer.  We are looking for ways to integrate them with our face to face events.

Cheers,

Brian

Brian Allen

Operations Manager