Soda Price Increase

river....@seattlego.org

May 14, 2024, 6:24:30 PMMay 14
to seat...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone hate to be the bearer of bad news but as you can see by the title of the email we are increasing the cost of soda. Just as an aside, we do not try to make money on soda, but we are hoping to at least break even; which as of now we aren't. Hence the price increase. On average over the last few years we are losing ~$300/yr on soda, this is between the price we pay for the soda as well as the tax we are required to pay to the state. So with that in mind we are going to raise the price from $1 to $2; we needed to raise the price to at least $1.75 but to avoid excess coins/change overhead we decided to make it an even $2. Please note that if you use Paypal to purchase the soda it will be $2.25 to help cover the paypal fee. This change is taking effect immediately, 5/14/2024.

Thank you for your time and understanding.

~River, Operations Manager~

P.S. Tea is still $0.50 and cold water is still free!