Pair Go Details -- 21 JAN 5pm.

Bill Chiles

Jan 10, 2023, 12:53:03 PM1/10/23
to seat...@googlegroups.com
We hope our Pair Go event will be as fun as previous years, but I haven't heard from many folks.  River has been promoting it at Womens+ Night, so we may have several people who will come without male partners.  That may mean some men could opportunistically show up for registration.   You do not have to dress up as the official rules say 🙂.  We would still like to hear from those planning to attend to gauge food for the event.

Plan for the evening:
 * 5pm -- registration and mingling, perhaps have a drink (BYOB though we may have nihonshu)
 * 6pm -- first round, 45 min, hard stop
 * 7pm-8pm-ish -- desserts, mingling, perhaps a second drink
 * 8pm-ish -- round two, 45 mn.
 * 9pm -- free play or hanging out as people wish

Most important rules:
 * you cannot talk about the game except to ask one of three questions
    * is it my turn?
    * how much time is left?
    * can I resign?
 * you must play in rotation, black female -> white female -> black male -> white male, and any violation results in three prisoner stones yielded to the other team, and then resume normal rotation
Like Go, complexity emerges from a few simple rules, with Pair Go, much humor and silliness emerges from simple rules 🙂.  Feel free to dress in costumes, fine clothes, or regular clothes as you like.

These are not rated games, so you do not need to be an AGA member to play.

Cheers,
Bill

Bill Chiles

Jan 17, 2023, 3:39:47 PM1/17/23
to seat...@googlegroups.com
Ok, final mail on Pair Go this Saturday, registration beginning at 5pm.  We have a banquet license, so BYOB.  We have some nihonshu for folks participating in Pair Go to enjoy.  Between rounds there will be cakes and Mighty O vegan donuts (sorry, nothing GF, but if you let us know in advance that you will bring something, we can reimburse you).  Yes, it will be a nutrient-free feast of sugar and alcohol; the second round games should be interesting :-).

We know some women are showing up unpaired, and anyone who wants to play should show up to play.

Below is the rough schedule of the evening and the basic rules.

Look forward to seeing folks!!
Bill