Video Question (again)

Todd

Apr 27, 2010, 10:12:44 AM4/27/10
I know I asked this before, but I am still stumped. I have a Sony
Handycam video camera. I have shot movies, and would like to actually do
something with them on my Mac, such as compile them into a DVD that I
could send to various people (mostly movies of my kid).

I am just confused as to how to get this video off the DVDs and into a
format that is useable.

I have tried VLC and can't make that work. I've tried RipIt, and was
able to get the video off the DVD onto my computer, but now what....

Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Todd