How can I see on Google how many hits a newsgroup posting got? (Is this off topic here?)

Gene

Jan 11, 2010, 7:38:52 PM1/11/10
If it is off topic in this group, can you refer me please to a
newsgroup that would know?

Thanks in advance.

Gene

Wolf K

Jan 11, 2010, 8:25:58 PM1/11/10

What do you mean "hits"???? Do you mean replies? If so,just count the
posts in the thread. If you mean hits via 3rd party searches on the
subject, then Google's stats will be misleading.

Reason:
Main reason is that the subject line (I assume that's what you'll search
on) is unlikely to be unique. So even for quoted string, Google will
count all pages in which all the string appears. For an unquoted search
string, Google will also count all pages on which part of search string
appears (so the count will be higher.)

HTH
wolf k.