Can't boot

ab.f...@gmail.com

Jun 15, 2012, 1:31:48 AM6/15/12
Hey all
I'm having the same issue as the guy on this video.
any fix?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaXu4kFEREc

twk

Jun 15, 2012, 10:02:39 AM6/15/12
In article <9ad63e2b-e5ac-456f...@googlegroups.com>,
The problem in the video is that the notebook cannot find a bootable
drive. Boot from your CD (I hope you have a CD) and run the disk
utility. Hopefully it can fix your boot partition.

If you're lucky, you may only need to select Startup Disk, and select
your notebooks hard drive. I wouldn't be real hopeful this will be the
case.

Otherwise you may need to reinstall. Ugh, I hate even saying that.

--
For all you know this message was...
Sent via an exclusive network, on a snobby portable computing device.

ab.f...@gmail.com

Jun 20, 2012, 12:16:10 PM6/20/12
Thanks!
I was afraid my disk crashed out.

can I download a bootable disk from internet?

twk

Jun 21, 2012, 12:57:09 PM6/21/12
In article <f919745c-390b-4391...@googlegroups.com>,
I don't think so. If you have no Installer CD to boot from you will have
to get one. Maybe eBay or borrow one from a friend who has a Mac? You'll
need a CD with the same OS version you are (were) running or newer.

It's still possible that your hard drive is simply bad. Ouch. That will
suck. I take it you have no back up drive?

So many people have no back up drive... Until something like this
happens.

When you turn your machine on, can you hear a rhythmic loud clicking
coming from the drive? If so, this is bad, you'll need a new drive. If
everything sounds normal, you might be able to save or at least rebuild
the drive.