A 14-year-old middle school student was arrested for allegedly attacking a teacher (Lynnwood WA)

1 view

a425couple

Mar 23, 2023, 7:05:02 PM3/23/23
from
https://mynorthwest.com/3862659/student-attacks-teacher-alderwood-middle-school/

14-year-old student allegedly attacks teacher at Alderwood Middle School
Mar 23, 2023, 2:39 PM | Updated: 3:13 pm
alderwood middle school...
Alderwood Middle School (Photo courtesy of Edmonds School District)
Share
BY FRANK SUMRALL
MyNorthwest Content Editor

A 14-year-old middle school student was arrested for allegedly attacking
a teacher Wednesday during the school day.

“During the end of one of our lunch periods today, one of our staff
members was physically injured by a student,” a press release sent to
parents from the school read. “Nearby staff quickly intervened to calm
the situation while we called 911 for support.”

The incident resulted in the arrest and emergency expulsion of the
student. The teacher is currently at the hospital. No other students or
staff were hurt, according to the school.

In a statement from the school district on Thursday, it said that a
weapon was not used in the incident, clarifying some rumors that had
been spreading.

“We had some nearby staff who were able to quickly intervene. They
calmed the situation down while other staff members were able to call
911,” said Lisa Van Cise, an Edmonds School District spokesperson.

The student has been booked into the Division of Youth Corrections
(DYC), according to The Jason Rantz Show. The student is now facing
assault charges as of this reporting.

This is a developing story

a425couple

Mar 23, 2023, 7:14:51 PM3/23/23
On 3/23/23 16:05, a425couple wrote:
> from
> https://mynorthwest.com/3862659/student-attacks-teacher-alderwood-middle-school/
>
> 14-year-old student allegedly attacks teacher at Alderwood Middle School
> Mar 23, 2023, 2:39 PM | Updated: 3:13 pm
> alderwood middle school...
> Alderwood Middle School (Photo courtesy of Edmonds School District)
> Share
> BY FRANK SUMRALL
> MyNorthwest Content Editor
>
> A 14-year-old middle school student was arrested for allegedly attacking
> a teacher Wednesday during the school day.

here is the KOMO version - some very interesting comments!

LYNNWOOD, Wash. — A teacher at Alderwood Middle School was seriously
injured after being attacked by one of her 14-year-old students
Wednesday morning.

The teacher, a woman in her 60s, was taken to the hospital shortly after
the attack occurred, according to officials. Snohomish County officials
said no weapon was involved in the attack.

Besides the teacher, no other injuries were reported following the
attack, according to officials.

Following the attack, officers arrested the student and took them to
Denny Youth Center in Everett, where they were booked on charges of assault.

Comment bubble
JOIN THE CONVERSATION

There is no information on what exactly led up to the incident.

Conversation28 Comments

Alpine
10 hours ago
Meanwhile in China, middle school students are studying thermodynamics
and advanced physics….all the while the US is focused on inclusion,
allowing degenerate behavior and allowing criminals to roam free. Our
best days may very well be behind us!

AveryNW
5 hours ago
Points for citing "inclusion" and the united states well established
'soft on crime' posture. Why stop at claiming "allowed"? Might as well
argue "encouraged"!

thatcher
7 hours ago
I see no reason why schools just don't throw out their behavior problem
kids. That would make it safer for everyone. When I was in jr high a
boy who flunked and was over 6 feet tall swung on a male gym teacher and
the teacher knocked him out. Then the parents had to come and get him
and they threw him out of school. Bad day in jr high. When the story
made its way around school certain lessons were taken by the other
students. It made it easier to have an orderly school with boundaries.
I'm not suggesting that they knock kids out but the discipline in
schools should start in elementary and ENFORCED before the kid gets too
old. If that means kicking kids out for egregious behavior than just do it.

EstoyListo
5 hours ago
The schools won't do that if it upsets the delicate equity and inclusion
illusion. It's a two-fer for public schools---you get the bloated and
expensive bureaucracy and dangerous and unruly students. On the plus
side it creates an incentive for kids to get into advanced placement
classes. On the down side, such classes are seen as racist, because
why? Because it is full of white kids.

EstoyListo
8 hours ago
Hope KOMO follows up on this, particularly an accounting of the
students' past misbehavior.

reptide
8 hours ago
The parents should be held responsible for their kids actions also.
2 replies

downrightrabble
13 hours ago
its time to end the dept of education. its become a political tool, more
concerned about your childs gender....than their math or science skills.

DainBramage
8 hours ago
..or classroom discipline or safety.

Allknowing
12 hours ago
I am ex LEO and Army, and would never teach school as its far too dangerous.

Seattlesucks
10 hours ago
And, public schools can't figure out why enrollment is down...

catapult
15 hours ago
All teachers need to be ex-military, and carry sidearms. This is the new
reality in America.

downrightrabble
13 hours ago
maybe, if these "educators", focused more on math, and science, instead
of indoctrinating Our children...?? have you seen the surveys theyre
giving to 6th graders...?? it obvious grooming. sick and disgusting stuff.