A champion female cyclist has quit the sport after constant beatings by transgender athletes

a425couple

Mar 25, 2023, 11:57:13 AM3/25/23
from
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11895323/Heartbreaking-words-female-cyclist-quit-sport-constant-beatings-trans-competitors.html

'I lose no matter how hard I train:' Heartbreaking words of female
cyclist who quit sport after constant beatings by trans competitors - as
transgender rising star, 46, hammers competition

Hannah Arensmen, a 35-time winner on the national cyclocross circuit,
revealed her ordeal in an amicus brief to the Supreme Court
West Virginia is battling to have an injunction removed so that it can
enact its Save Women's Sports law to ban trans athletes from competing
against girls

In a heart wrenching statement, Arensen described how she had been
'overlooked and humiliated' and was retiring from cycling as a result
By ROSS IBBETSON FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 13:20 EDT, 23 March 2023 | UPDATED: 13:34 EDT, 23 March 2023

A champion female cyclist has quit the sport after constant beatings by
transgender athletes, admitting in a heartbreaking message: 'I lose no
matter how hard I train.'

Hannah Arensmen, a 35-time winner on the national cyclocross circuit,
revealed her ordeal in an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in support
of legislation in West Virginia which seeks to ban transgender student
athletes from competing outside their biological gender.

An injunction by a lower court is currently barring the law from being
enforced over claims that it violates Title IX federal sex
discrimination protections in education.

Arensmen is among 67 athletes, coaches and family members who have asked
the Supreme Court to intervene, and provides a moving account of how she
felt has 'overlooked and humiliated' as she has been bested in races by
male-born athletes.

It comes as transgender cyclist Tiffany Thomas, 46, blew the competition
of out of the water at the Randall's Island Crit event in New York over
the weekend. Thomas, who only took up cycling in 2018, is 14 years older
than her eldest teammate.

Hannah Arensmen, left, in a post from her Instagram account. She has
retired from the sport after getting bested by trans athletes
+4
View gallery

Tiffany Thomas, center, took first place at the Randall's Island Crit
cycling race in New York City over the weekend
+4
View gallery

TRENDING

UK trans critic Kellie-Jay Keen stopped by Auckland protestors
31.2k viewing now

Suzy Eddie Izzard swipes at JK Rowling for wading into trans rows
8.1k viewing now

Trans women's advantage in sports analyzed and in photos
264 viewing now
Writing in her amicus brief to the Supreme Court, Arensmen said: 'I was
born into a family of athletes. Encouraged by my parents and siblings, I
competed in sports from a young age, and I followed in my sister's
footsteps, climbing the ranks to become an elite cyclocross racer.

'Over the past few years, I have had to race directly with male cyclists
in women's events.

'As this has become more of a reality, it has become increasingly
discouraging to train as hard as I do only to have to lose to a man with
the unfair advantage of an androgenized body that intrinsically gives
him an obvious advantage over me, no matter how hard I train.

'I have decided to end my cycling career. At my last race at the recent
UCI Cyclocross National Championships in the elite women's category in
December 2022, I came in 4th place, flanked on either side by male
riders awarded 3rd and 5th places.

'My sister and family sobbed as they watched a man finish in front of
me, having witnessed several physical interactions with him throughout
the race.

'Additionally, it is difficult for me to think about the very real
possibility I was overlooked for an international selection on the US
team at Cyclocross Worlds in February 2023 because of a male competitor.

'Moving forward, I feel for young girls learning to compete and who are
growing up in a day when they no longer have a fair chance at being the
new record holders and champions in cycling because men want to compete
in our division.

'I have felt deeply angered, disappointed, overlooked, and humiliated
that the rule makers of women's sports do not feel it is necessary to
protect women's sports to ensure fair competition for women anymore.'

In West Virginia, the state's Attorney General Patrick Morrissey earlier
this month filed an emergency request to the Supreme Court asking it to
wipe away a lower court decision so it could enforce its Save Women's
Sports law.

Signed in 2021, the law seeks to ban transgender women and girls from
participating in public school sports except against those of their
biological gender.

The law is being challenged by 12-year-old Becky Pepper-Jackson who has
been able to compete in middle-school cross-country and track events as
a result of an injunction by the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals.

Lawyers for Pepper-Jackson argued in court papers filed Monday that the
state's claim that it is being harmed by the injunction is unfounded.

Hannah Arensmen (pictured), a 35-time winner on the national cyclocross
circuit, revealed her ordeal in an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in
support of legislation in West Virginia which seeks to ban transgender
student athletes from competing against outside their biological gender
+4
View gallery
Hannah Arensmen (pictured), a 35-time winner on the national cyclocross
circuit, revealed her ordeal in an amicus brief to the Supreme Court in
support of legislation in West Virginia which seeks to ban transgender
student athletes from competing against outside their biological gender

Hannah Arensen, center, with friends at a cycling event
+4
View gallery
Hannah Arensen, center, with friends at a cycling event

MORE TRENDING

Drone footage reveals tornado obliterated Rolling Fork in Mississippi
7.3k viewing now

Huge explosion rips apart Pennsylvania chocolate factory killing two
2.8k viewing now

How many times a day do a clock's hands overlap?
11.5k viewing now
'In short, the Application does not come close to the type of urgent and
compelling circumstances required for extraordinary relief from this
Court,' the filing states.

'There is no basis for this Court to order B.P.J. off the playing field
where she has been for her entire middle school career to date and where
her presence harms no one.'

The lawyers said that enforcing the law would 'cause B.P.J. to lose her
"second family."'

Morrisey, a Republican, defended the legislation, stating: 'Our case is
simple: It’s about protecting opportunities for women and girls in sports.'

West Virginia lawmakers argue that transgender women and girls have
physical advantages over biological females which ruin competition in sport.

At least eight states have enacted similar bans in 2022.

Share or comment on this article: Heartbreaking words of female cyclist
who quit sport after constant beatings by trans competitors
e-mail
151
shares
Add comment
MOST WATCHED NEWS VIDEOS
Embed this
Bank of England boss 'more optimistic' of avoiding recession
Moment thug punches disabled man out of wheelchair outside...
Psychiatric ward patient reveals the horrors staff put her through
Youngsters reunite with family after months in brutal Kremlin 'camps'
Viral video claims President Vladimir Putin is using body...
Violent protests in France force King Charles to call off visit
Mum claims psychiatric hospital worsened daughter's mental...
Gwyneth Paltrow looks perturbed as she leaves court in Utah

Comments 3
Share what you think

Luckyone, New York, United States, 2 days ago

Everyone should quit to send a message
ReplyNew Comment
61552Click to rate

Smirks, Wherever, United States, 2 days ago

Where are the Feminists all of a sudden? After 50+ years of being
strident, crickets.
ReplyNew Comment
561627Click to rate

Skredzilla, Maidstone, United Kingdom, 2 days ago

They need their own category.