Off Duty Seattle Cop Shoots Hell's Angel At Sturgis. Wild Pigs MC Involvement.

Greg Carr

Aug 10, 2008, 4:49:56 AM8/10/08
Off-duty Seattle officer held in shooting at Sturgis biker rally
Last updated August 9, 2008 9:54 p.m. PT

By HECTOR CASTRO
P-I REPORTER

An off-duty Seattle police officer attending South Dakota's famous
Sturgis Motorcycle Rally has been detained in connection with a
shooting that left one man injured early Saturday morning.

The shooting followed a confrontation between Hell's Angels Motorcycle
gang members and members of the Iron Pigs Motorcycle club, South
Dakota investigators said. Iron Pigs is a riding club that often
counts law enforcement officers among its membership, according to the
club's website.
Police officers Jon Pike, left, and Mike DeBruin, who were hired for
the rally, monitor Sturgis' Main Street in front of the American
Roadhouse on Saturday. A shooting occurred at the bar early Saturday
morning. (Photo by Ryan Soderlin / Rapid City Journal)

(Greg-Pic is at url below.)

During the altercation, two shots were fired and one of the Hell's
Angel members was struck. That man was taken to the Rapid City
Regional Hospital for treatment and his condition was unknown.

Authorities detained the suspected shooter, a Seattle officer, but he
has not been arrested.

"Early this morning, the Seattle Police Department received
notification that one of our officers was involved in an off-duty
shooting in Sturgis, South Dakota," said a statement released by the
Seattle Police Department Saturday. "We believe that four other
off-duty Seattle Police officers were present when the shooting
occurred," the statement reads.

Neither officials in South Dakota nor Seattle would release the names
of the officers involved.

Chief Gil Kerlikowske is sending a team of detectives to Sturgis to
learn more about the incident, including homicide Lt. Jim Dermody,
homicide detectives and a sergeant with the Office of Professional
Accountability. The team is expected to leave for South Dakota
Saturday evening.

"The Seattle Police Department considers this a matter of utmost
seriousness," the statement reads. "All five officers will be placed
on administrative reassignment (relieved of duty) pending further
investigation by the South Dakota authorities."

The shooting happened during the annual biker rally in Sturgis, S.D.,
which draws thousands of riders each year for a series of events over
several days. The rally is scheduled to end Sunday.

Around 1 a.m. Saturday, Sturgis police were called to the Loud
American Roadhouse in the center of town in response to a report of a
fight and shooting, according to press releases issued by Sturgis
police and the Meade County Sheriff's Office.

As many as 500 people were inside the club when officers from several
agencies converged on the popular bar, evacuating patrons and securing
the club.

Dean Kinney, one of the bar's owners, told the Rapid City Journal in
Rapid City, S.D., that workers at the bar noticed several Hell's
Angels gathering in and outside the bar, and actually called police
prior to the shooting as a precaution.

Kinney told the paper that he was told a scuffle broke out before the
shots were fired.

Daytona Beach, Fla. resident Nick McCallum told the Journal that he
was working at a T-shirt shop across the street when he heard the
shots.

"It was pretty much pandemonium," he told the paper. "The whole place
just flooded out. A lot of people screaming, a bunch of craziness. I
wasn't sure what it was."

Trevor Jones, assistant director of the South Dakota Division of
Criminal Investigation, declined to provide any details as to what led
to the shooting, citing the on-going nature of the investigation. He
said none of those involved in the incident were from South Dakota.

The shooting is being investigated by several agencies. The annual
Sturgis rally has a raucous reputation, attracting bikers from around
the country, but Saturday's shooting is the first to take place during
the rally in nearly 20 years.

(Greg-Not true.
http://www.sturgisrallydaily.com/news_viewer.php?id=67&category=100
has the story of a biker shot dead by police at the rally.
http://www.brainbucketmag.com/News/article/sid=515.html has the story
of two HAers shooting Outlaws MC members.)

Seattle police Sgt. Rich O'Neill, president of the Seattle Police
Officer's Guild, said he had not been contacted regarding the
shooting, but said that officers have a right to protect themselves
and should be given the benefit of the doubt while the allegations are
investigated.

"They deserve to have it played out," he said.

© 1998-2008 Seattle Post-Intelligencer

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/printer2/index.asp?ploc=b&refer=http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/374338_sturgis10.html?source=rss

HA
is involved with
extortion, homicide, kidnapping, prostitution, meth and cocaine
dealing, rape, armed robbery and motorcycle theft and child
pornography
as well as phony currency and witness intimidation and obstruction of
justice. They have been known to bribe and scare law enforcement
officers and judges into doing their bidding. These ppl must be
rooted
out of the Cdn justice system. Two judges have actually done their
job
and declared HAMC a criminal org and the Victoria Times-Colonist is
calling for it to be banned as a terrorist org.
"The Hells Angels should be treated as a domestic terror organization.
We should encourage those who make and enforce our laws in their
efforts to eradicate them."
http://www.canada.com/victoriatimescolonist/news/comment/story.html?id=517a2096-953a-4ea3-9507-ee3c5e8d39e2

The White Rock chapter Sgt.Of Arms, Villy Roy Lynnerup, recently was
arrested for trying to board an airplane at YVR
with a loaded firearm. Was probably going to crash the plane into the
Downtown courthouse or hold the passengers hostage in exchange for
the
release of Moms Boucher and all imprisoned full patch members. All
the
Hell's Angels, their supporters, associates etc. should be imprisoned
for twenty years
their children put in foster care and their assets seized.
Ppl are trying to get HAMC listed as a terrorist org. If you support
this
then write letters to editors of local newspapers and your local MP.
As well John Les the solicitor-general of BC before he resigned has
advocated banning
the wearing of gang colours such as biker patches in bars. Perhaps
John VanDongen can finish the job he started. Since HA
is
known to frequent Brandi’s and the Cecil and has links to
various bars in BC that would be an improvement. The gang has a
history of intimidating
bartenders, infiltrating unions involved in the bar industry, beating
and killing strippers and beating customers to death at random for no
reason. Contact your MLA as well as the local media and tell them you
want this implemented sooner rather than later.
VPD is appealing again for info about the homicide of Maria Yvette
Monzon who was shot dead on the westside of Vancouver. She was killed
by HA but the police have never stated that. There is a reward.

Colleen Reiter (Ryder?) of Surrey was killed by HAMC but the RCMP
refuse to confirm this.

The following is my sig file updated as of 5th of Av, 5768 :

We are awaiting the return of our JHVH in the flesh or his Son. His Son Yu'shua died on the cross for our sins, was resurrected and walked the earth for awhile then ascended unto Heaven. We await the Third Coming not the Second.

Scottish Quaker Robert Barclay-"The weighty Truths of God were neglected, and, as it were, went into Desuetude. ...

Who will be the last Coalition soldier to be maimed in Iraq?

Canadian troops out of Afghanistan and into Darfur.http://www.amnesty.ca/instantkarma/petition.php

Good luck to anyone trying to learn Hebrew. I am looking for a Hebrew-Gregorian calendar in both Hebrew and English lettering.

I am looking for my missing automobile. Left in the care of Low's Tire (Firestone) on King George Hwy which has since gone out of business. A man who claimed to be a tow truck driver named Jerry (sounded Black) called me and said he had it
but when I called him back he denied it. JVD-968 "89 Plymouth Reliant white with red interior. Devellis in lettering on the rear trunk. Contact me by email or the GRC if you are one of those ppl. Am looking for the address of Dave Reynolds and any info about him. He used to run Low's Tires and since he refuses to answer his email lows...@telus.net I can only assume he is the person who stole my vehicle and the contents in it. I have talked to the new owners and they claim to know nothing.
3P3BK41D9KT921716 is the vin number. John Reynolds still has a valid email lows...@telus.net but refuses to return my inquiries.Any info about this thief is appreciated.

I am also looking for various books and CD's that I have discovered missing. All are marked Greg Carr on the inside cover or somewhere in the CD booklet. $5 reward for each CD and for each book. Will pay $200 for info regarding how they disappeared because I honestly don't know.

u8m854p98su072q3l8chiss3t0lcr0­5f...@4ax.com is a post of mine about the liar and police agent Gordon Sauck. It has been censored by Google Groups.

Jonathon Gregory and Craig Wong are thieves and liars and smokers.They live at 344 E.Hastings St.

I am no longer using Google as my default search engine and home page preferring instead to use AltaVista www.altavista.com.I find many more relevant results.

Rep.Eric Cantor will be the VP nominee by the Republicans.

This is just a line I typed to see if you would read it :-)

klunk

Aug 16, 2008, 4:00:50 AM8/16/08
nothing to do with van.general

MC

Aug 24, 2008, 9:14:37 PM8/24/08
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 08:49:56 GMT, Greg Carr <greg...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

|>(Greg-Not true.
|>http://www.sturgisrallydaily.com/news_viewer.php?id=67&category=100
|>has the story of a biker shot dead by police at the rally.
|>http://www.brainbucketmag.com/News/article/sid=515.html has the story
|>of two HAers shooting Outlaws MC members.)
|>
|>Seattle police Sgt. Rich O'Neill, president of the Seattle Police
|>Officer's Guild, said he had not been contacted regarding the
|>shooting, but said that officers have a right to protect themselves
|>and should be given the benefit of the doubt while the allegations are
|>investigated.
|>
|>"They deserve to have it played out," he said.

The off-duty cops have a right to what?????? Protect themselves,
sure they have that right and nobody else has...right.....

These Cop guys get a CCW form S.D. with some reciprocity, and still
abuse that even then.....they killed an unarmed man, that's what pigs do
best, and you think that's a fair fight?...it's utter Homicide and nothing
more....

I assume they will have it played out when they get back with their
Gang in S.D. and then they'll look like the Bandidos saga.

--
(You don't always NEED a Gun, but when you NEED one,
You NEED one REALLY...REALLY BAD)
!-----------|___81133------~~~~~~~~~~(0---- )-----/
\ /~~~~~~\ ~\ )--- \_ /(____\\
\\_____ /___/ _()\__________\\
\------------------------\\_________\\
\\__<($)>__\\
\\_________\\
\\ _________\\
\\__________\\
\\____~()~__//
\\~~====~~\\
\\____#____\\
(http://*remove*members.fortunecity.com/vampire34/htmlconc.html)

MC

Aug 28, 2008, 10:18:24 PM8/28/08
On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 08:49:56 GMT, Greg Carr <greg...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

|>(Greg-Not true.
|>http://www.sturgisrallydaily.com/news_viewer.php?id=67&category=100
|>has the story of a biker shot dead by police at the rally.
|>http://www.brainbucketmag.com/News/article/sid=515.html has the story
|>of two HAers shooting Outlaws MC members.)
|>
|>Seattle police Sgt. Rich O'Neill, president of the Seattle Police
|>Officer's Guild, said he had not been contacted regarding the
|>shooting, but said that officers have a right to protect themselves
|>and should be given the benefit of the doubt while the allegations are
|>investigated.
|>
|>"They deserve to have it played out," he said.

The off-duty cops have a right to what?????? Protect themselves, sure

Paul Hovnanian P.E.

Aug 29, 2008, 2:16:45 PM8/29/08
MC wrote:

> On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 08:49:56 GMT, Greg Carr <greg...@yahoo.ca> wrote:
>
> |>(Greg-Not true.
> |>http://www.sturgisrallydaily.com/news_viewer.php?id=67&category=100
> |>has the story of a biker shot dead by police at the rally.
> |>http://www.brainbucketmag.com/News/article/sid=515.html has the story
> |>of two HAers shooting Outlaws MC members.)
> |>
> |>Seattle police Sgt. Rich O'Neill, president of the Seattle Police
> |>Officer's Guild, said he had not been contacted regarding the
> |>shooting, but said that officers have a right to protect themselves
> |>and should be given the benefit of the doubt while the allegations are
> |>investigated.
> |>
> |>"They deserve to have it played out," he said.
>
> The off-duty cops have a right to what?????? Protect themselves, sure
> they have that right and nobody else has...right.....
>
> These Cop guys get a CCW form S.D. with some reciprocity, and still
> abuse that even then.....they killed an unarmed man, that's what pigs do
> best, and you think that's a fair fight?...it's utter Homicide and nothing
> more....

I'm not familiar with S.D. law with regard to weapons. But even if these
cops WA state permits granted them reciprocal rights, does this extend
to carrying weapons into a bar or tavern?

For civilians, it does not in WA state. Although law enforcement
officers may do so in this state (WA), once they leave the state, even
if they have valid permits, they are civilians and not necessarily
granted LEO rights.

--
Paul Hovnanian pa...@hovnanian.com
Have gnu, will travel.

Greg Carr

Aug 30, 2008, 4:31:35 AM8/30/08

Seattle detective charged in South Dakota biker shooting
2nd officer, injured Hells Angel also indicted
By SCOTT GUTIERREZ
P-I REPORTER

A grand jury indicted a Seattle police detective and a Hells Angels
member whom the detective shot and wounded in a bar fight at the
Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota.

The detective, Ron Smith, 43, was charged with aggravated assault,
perjury and carrying a concealed weapon without a permit. The Hells
Angel, Joseph McGuire, 33, of Imperial Beach, Calif., was charged with
aggravated assault, the Meade County state's attorney reported
Thursday.

In addition, four other members of a law enforcement-oriented
motorcycle club -- a second Seattle police officer, two U.S. Customs
and Border Protection agents, and a U.S. Defense Department
firefighter -- were charged with carrying a concealed weapon without a
permit, a misdemeanor, according to State's Attorney Jesse Sondreal.

The shooting happened about 1 a.m. Aug. 9 at the Loud American
Roadhouse, a crowded bar in Sturgis. The detective, a member of the
Iron Pigs motorcycle club, said several Hells Angels jumped him and
that he fired in self-defense after being beaten.

The other four Iron Pigs members indicted are Dennis McCoy, 59, a
North Precinct patrol sergeant in Seattle; Scott Lazalde, 38; James
Rector, 44; and Erik Pingel, 35.

Should the case reach a jury, the weapons charge carries an
alternative offense of failing to abide by the gun permit of a
reciprocal state, according to the statement.

Lazalde, of Bellingham, and Rector, of Ferndale, are stationed in
Blaine with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection. Both remain on
duty while the agency awaits formal notification of the charges,
spokesman Mike Milne said.

Rector is a 20-year veteran and assistant port director of passenger
vehicles, he said.

Pingel is a civilian firefighter at Buckley Air Force Base outside
Aurora, Colo., according to an Air Force spokesman.

The South Dakota grand jury met Wednesday to hear from 10 more
witnesses before the indictments were issued. It was the grand jury's
second hearing since 25 witnesses, including Smith and other officers,
appeared on Aug. 10.

Smith's testimony is apparently the basis for the perjury charge.

No court date had been set.

Either warrants or summonses would be "issued and served as
appropriate," according to the state's attorney.

Smith and McGuire could face up to 15 years' imprisonment if convicted
of aggravated assault. The grand jury also indicted on an alternative
charge of misdemeanor assault, which would give a jury the choice of a
lesser crime.

The misdemeanor version is punishable by up to a year in jail. The
perjury charge could carry a penalty of up to five years.

Smith was one of five Seattle officers with the Iron Pigs at the bar
while vacationing at the rally. Witnesses told the Seattle P-I that
the confrontation might have started because some Hells Angels members
took umbrage to the officers wearing their "colors," or three-piece
patches, into the bar.

A Seattle police spokesman said Thursday that Smith and McCoy would
remain on administrative leave while the department conducts its
investigation. The three Seattle officers who aren't facing charges
would be returned to duty, according to a department source.

Smith, of the pawnshop unit, is on the Seattle Police Officers'
Guild's board of directors and is editor of the guild's newspaper, The
Guardian. In a statement, police guild Vice President Ty Elster urged
the community not to pass judgment until the officers have had their
day in court.

"We are certain that once all the facts are known, the involved SPOG
members will be vindicated and absolved of any wrongdoing," he said.

Federal law allows off-duty and retired police officers to carry their
weapons anywhere in the country, overriding any state or local gun
regulations. But officers are not covered by the law if under the
influence of alcohol or drugs, or have been removed from duty, or have
certain disabilities.

There have been cases around the country where officers were charged
with weapons violations under a local regulation and relied on the
federal law to get the case dismissed, said Ted Deeds, spokesman for
the Law Enforcement Alliance of America, which spearheaded the drive
to pass the law in 2004.

McGuire was shot twice, with one round striking his abdomen and
another shattering his femur. He spent several days in intensive care
after making the trip to the rally from the San Diego area. His
brother said it was McGuire's first trip to Sturgis.

He left California despite pending marijuana charges against him in
San Diego County. McGuire and several other Hells Angels members,
including the San Diego chapter president, were arrested during drug
raids conducted by federal agents and San Diego police in January
2007.

McGuire has prior convictions for burglary and possession of an
illegal knife, according to San Diego County Superior Court records.

Smith had a previous tangle with a Hells Angels member in 2005. He
filed a report of possible harassment against Anthony J. Magnesi, whom
he said had threatened him during a telephone conversation.

Magnesi had called Smith after hearing from friends that the detective
was asking about him. He wanted to find out if he were under
investigation, according to Magnesi's attorney, Paul Bernstein.

At the time, Magnesi owned Lucky's Choppers, a custom motorcycle shop
in Georgetown. He'd been charged before with first-degree assault for
shooting near a man's feet during a scuffle in an unrelated case. But
it was dismissed when the state's witnesses backed out of testifying,
according to court records.

Magnesi taped one of his conversations with Smith and argued it was
proof that Smith had threatened him. After hearing the tape, city
prosecutors dropped the harassment charge against Magnesi, according
to Bernstein and court records.

At one point on tape, Smith tells him: "Yeah, you better watch your
back." Later, he tells Magnesi he has no reason to be calling and asks
if he's laundering money, according to a copy that Magnesi's friend
played for the P-I.

Smith tells Magnesi that "playing on the phone" is a crime and that
belonging to the Hells Angels is a bigger crime, according to the
tape.

Magnesi filed a complaint with the department's Office of Professional
Accountability, which handles internal investigations. The complaint
was referred to Smith's supervisor.

Smith has been disciplined twice before for unprofessional behavior.

He was suspended for two days for conduct unbecoming of an officer
after an incident at a Seahawks game in January 2005.

He received a written reprimand after he was accused in August 2005 of
threatening to shoot a man at a Tacoma bar while off-duty.

Internal records show that the man was bothering some of the officer's
friends. But witnesses also heard the officer utter a racial remark at
the restaurant manager, who had asked him to leave, according to
department records.

P-I reporter Hector Castro contributed to this report. P-I reporter
Scott Gutierrez can be reached at 206-903-5396 or
scottgu...@seattlepi.com.
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/376865_sturgis29.html

Ridiculous that an officer who makes racist comments in public and
threatens to shoot a person while off-duty is still on the force.

Yves Lavigne stated in one of his tomes that the Wild Pigs MC would
lose any confrontation to the HAMC and that the very existence of the
Wild Pigs MC was dangerous to the goals of law enforcement.

The following is my sig file updated as of 28th of Av, 5768 :

[...]

Jonathon Gregory and Craig Wong are thieves and liars and smokers.They live at 344 E.Hastings St. They call and lie to Vancouver Police and the Landlord-Tenancy Branch.

Mike Poirier is HA and works at DPS at 817 Denman St. This company is such a bunch of liars that besides stealing from ppl they claim to be 100% Cdn owned on their signs when in fact they are owned by a rich man in Seattle. You anti-semitic types might like to know the man is a Jew. Poirier is a liar and perjurer and he attacks ppl for no reason and then calls Vancouver Police if he loses.

DPS 817 Denman St
V6G 2L7 Canada
(604) 681-8797
(604) 684-0329 Fax
va...@diamondparking.com

Mailing Address
P.O. Box 3055
Vancouver, BC V6B 3X5 Canada
Canada

Mike Poirier – Regional Vice President of Operations
mike.p...@diamondparking.com

He lives in Burnaby. Caucasian 5"8 in platform shoes.

I am no longer using Google as my default search engine and home page preferring instead to use AltaVista www.altavista.com.

MC

Aug 30, 2008, 10:32:36 PM8/30/08
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:31:35 GMT, Greg Carr <greg...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

|>Federal law allows off-duty and retired police officers to carry their
|>weapons anywhere in the country, overriding any state or local gun

Were does it say that, they have to get a CCW type permit as well as
real ppl, the double standard is not really a triple standard....is it....

|>regulations. But officers are not covered by the law if under the
|>influence of alcohol or drugs, or have been removed from duty, or have
|>certain disabilities.

Well that is difficult to prove since not everybody is going to
arrest an armed cop and give him a breath-alyser or get a blood sample....

In a lot of cases, just being a Wild Biker Cop Gang is a
schizophrenic tendency...isn't that a disability....How about Mental
Retardedness????

666

Sep 3, 2008, 12:40:31 AM9/3/08
On Sat, 30 Aug 2008 08:31:35 GMT, Greg Carr <greg...@yahoo.ca> wrote:

|>P-I reporter Hector Castro contributed to this report. P-I reporter
|>Scott Gutierrez can be reached at 206-903-5396 or
|>scottgu...@seattlepi.com.
|>http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/local/376865_sturgis29.html
|>
|>Ridiculous that an officer who makes racist comments in public and
|>threatens to shoot a person while off-duty is still on the force.
|>
|>Yves Lavigne stated in one of his tomes that the Wild Pigs MC would
|>lose any confrontation to the HAMC and that the very existence of the
|>Wild Pigs MC was dangerous to the goals of law enforcement.

They should be banned from wearing their "colors" in public, and
play cops and robber bikers in the privacy of their own property....

But again, like the HAMC, the use of "colors" is pretty much equal
to a uniformed compared to an undercover.......to show your identity right
up front sort of let's ppl know who you really are, whether good or bad....