Seattle Times: Why we're not allowing comments on some stories about allegations against turd-stabber Mayor Ed Murray

Amused

Sep 18, 2017, 5:16:57 AM9/18/17
Many readers have wondered why we have not allowed comments on
some stories about the sex-abuse allegations against Seattle's
mayor. Here are the reasons.

By Seattle Times staff

The Seattle Times periodically prohibits reader comments on
selected stories. In the case of stories related to a recent
lawsuit alleging that Seattle Mayor Ed Murray sexually abused
teens in the 1980s, we’re taking a two-pronged approach.

We have closed comments on stories that focused on the
accusations; we’ve left them open on stories about the political
ramifications and legal strategy.

Some background: Seattle Times commenting threads draw criticism
on all sides. Some readers believe we’re too restrictive;
others, too lax. We attempt, within the limits of our resources,
to allow discussion of the issues of the day while still
upholding our terms of service, which forbid name-calling and
personal attacks against the subjects or sources of our stories.

In our experience, many articles generate hateful and offensive
comments that outweigh any benefits of discussion — local
stories about accusations of abuse are among them. Because these
articles involve members of the community we serve — both the
accusers and the accused — we frequently disallow commenting on
them.

For more information, you can visit our FAQ page on commenting.

Bigoted Censorious Seattle Times staff

--
But baseless inane accusations against Republicans in general
and Donald Trump are kitty bar the door.