Air krakens at 7 o' clock!

1 view

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 7, 2010, 9:12:37 PM12/7/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Ok. Last thread I start for today. Promise!

For interested parties who may or may not have heard, the Air Kraken
Hunter's Guild is indeed meeting tomorrow evening at the AFK Tavern in
Everett at approximately 7:30pm until whenever. The artwork is still
up for the viewing and purchasing through the remainder of the month.
On the discussion table, will be meets for the remainder of the month
as the holidays do tend to keep everyone busy. And speaking of tables,
I'll put in a reservation for the back left (by the door) of the
restaurant side as we rather quickly outgrew the Red Room. It's
straight across as you come in the door.

Hope to see many of you there!

~Draco

--
Art bits: http://draco-samhain.deviantart.com/gallery

Air Kraken Hunter's Guild: the Everett Chapter of the Seattle Steamrats:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Air-Kraken-Hunters-Guild-the-Everett-Chapter-of-the-Seattle-Steamrats/166843973338912?v=info

Erynn Rowan Laurie

Dec 8, 2010, 9:34:34 PM12/8/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I'll be at the AFK in about an hour! See you folks there!

On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Cheshire Dragon <jackal...@gmail.com> wrote:
Ok. Last thread I start for today. Promise!

For interested parties who may or may not have heard, the Air Kraken
Hunter's Guild is indeed meeting tomorrow evening at the AFK Tavern in
Everett at approximately 7:30pm until whenever. The artwork is still
up for the viewing and purchasing through the remainder of the month.

--
Erynn
Poet-terrorist for a better society
Articulating the unspeakable since 1961:http://www.seanet.com/~inisglas

Rand Hawkyns

Dec 8, 2010, 10:47:45 PM12/8/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
The Contessa and I will be absent this evening.

I am feeling a little "under the weather".

I'll see you all next week.

Rand

Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 18:34:34 -0800
Subject: Re: [Seattle Steamrats] Air krakens at 7 o' clock!
From: erynnrow...@gmail.com
To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2010, 2:40:33 AM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
But you love fruitcake right? Feel better!

Paisley

Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

From: Rand Hawkyns <randh...@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 2010 19:47:45 -0800

Tinned beef with a side of cheese fries

Dec 9, 2010, 3:41:19 AM12/9/10
to Seattle Steamrats
Mmm Fruitcake. But only real Fruitcake, not that Safeway crap.
http://www.goestores.com/catalog.aspx?Merchant=trappistmonksofguadalupe&DeptID=45477
Soaked in 120 proof rum until it can hold no more, then aged three
months before it is shipped out.

Gary

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2010, 10:29:26 AM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I have actually never tried fruit cake. Might be willing to try one day. Love Pannetone (sp) at Christmas.

Paisley
Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Rand Hawkyns

Dec 9, 2010, 11:19:56 AM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I woke up this morning, after a very deep, and long sleep, craving fruitcake.

I found one in my freezer from last year.  I'm sure it's still good.

Rand

To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
From: paisley...@gmail.com
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 07:40:33 +0000

But you love fruitcake right? Feel better!

PaisleySent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Karen Townsend

Dec 9, 2010, 11:28:31 AM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Rand, craving fruitcake?  I think you might still be under the weather.
Paisley
Vivi con passione ~ Ridi di cuore ~ Ama profondamente

Contessa Cate

Dec 9, 2010, 9:06:33 PM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
"Loves" fruitcake doesn't even begin to describe it.  He's a self proclaimed connoisseur!

The Contessa

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 9, 2010, 9:17:02 PM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I will let him keep that crown. I'm more in to Tiramisu and Trifles. Going to try Christmas pudding this year I think too.

From: Contessa Cate <contes...@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 18:06:33 -0800 (PST)

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 9, 2010, 9:24:36 PM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Having made tiramisu a few times, I've been oft tempted to skip straight to eating the mascarpone out of the container ^.^

~Draco, who's amused that a simple announcement has somehow evolved into a food discussion. Not a bad thing! Amusing. :)

On Thu, Dec 9, 2010 at 6:17 PM, <paisley...@gmail.com> wrote:
I will let him keep that crown. I'm more in to Tiramisu and Trifles. Going to try Christmas pudding this year I think too.

Paisley

Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Karen Townsend

Dec 9, 2010, 10:12:17 PM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
The food discussion is Rand's fault and I walked right on it.

I have never made Tiramisu but have enjoyed MANY a plate.  Something I think I may try to make this holiday season.

Paisley

dbvictoria

Dec 9, 2010, 10:59:11 PM12/9/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 10, 2010, 12:22:30 AM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Paisley: Somehow, I don't think in a group with this many foodies,
that the discussion of nomables can be too far at hand. ;)

Victoria: I just a spoon. :P I know. I'm awful. And the AFK has half
and half shots. *sigh*

~Draco, who should stop thinking about mascarpone before she convinces
herself to get some....

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2010, 1:19:27 AM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I will second that......wait......we have cannolli filling right here at the house!

From: dbvictoria <vsha...@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 19:59:11 -0800

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2010, 1:20:23 AM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Marscapone there I said (er) wrote it!

Paisley
Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Dec 10, 2010, 10:44:31 AM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I was chuckling so much that I didn't realize I made several typos.

Rand

From: randh...@hotmail.com
To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: [Seattle Steamrats] Naughty Mascarpone
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:14:54 -0800

(insert movie announcer voice here)

Three women...
One bowl of Mascarpone...
no spoons..
this could get ugly.

Or very sexy!

Don't miss the the Sexy SteamLadies in there next feature film:

MascarMania!

coming in January to ShowTime

rated "M" for Mascarpone

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2010, 11:07:09 AM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I didn't even notice the typos I was so focused on FOOD!

Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:44:31 -0800

I was chuckling so much that I didn't realize I made several typos.

Rand

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 10, 2010, 4:11:30 PM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Noooooo!!!!!

~Draco, who is being supervised with His Majesty at her side.

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 10, 2010, 4:16:23 PM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
XD Oh dear. I've started something....

~Draco, who had dreams about watching an intro to a non-existent anime
about wolves and one of the wolves was named Tiramisou, with that
spelling. Forgot the names of the other wolves. Was watching a
fan-made Wolf's Rain intro before bed....

K. Schroeder

Dec 10, 2010, 8:27:50 PM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com

Oh GREAT. Now I've got a Wolf's Rain/Sorcerer Hunters crossover stuck in
my head.

(For those who don't get it: One of the main characters in Sorcerer
Hunters is named Tira Misu.)

Pel

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 10, 2010, 11:11:52 PM12/10/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
*lol* You're welcome.

~Draco, scampering off to cause trouble elsewhere (ie; post something
amusing on FB).

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 11, 2010, 12:30:11 AM12/11/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Hehe - I'm picturing Draco scampering!

Paisley
Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Dec 12, 2010, 11:47:27 AM12/12/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Omg too funny! How bout a ca lender shoot?

Paisley

Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 14, 2010, 12:49:56 AM12/14/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
That could be incredibly amusing.

~Draco

erika shaffer

Dec 14, 2010, 10:41:15 AM12/14/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
A photoshoot with naughty marscapone and other assorted yummies? I
would totally be there.
-erika

On Sunday, December 12, 2010, <paisley...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Omg too funny! How bout a ca lender shoot?
>
> PaisleySent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerryFrom: Rand Hawkyns <randh...@hotmail.com>
> Sender: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
> Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 07:14:54 -0800To: <seattle-...@googlegroups.com>ReplyTo: seattle-...@googlegroups.com

Robert Orr

Dec 14, 2010, 9:50:28 PM12/14/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Hmmmm, this might be fun. I've actually wanted to get better at picture
taking. Maybe Claw could get his camera going as well.

Or do you prefer to just imagine the event :) ?

Dec 15, 2010, 9:48:03 AM12/15/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
This one could be tough.  Action shots of the Ladies flinging mascarpone and shooting whipped cream may be difficult to capture.

Anyone have any experience at photographing sporting events?

I'm sure my camera is smart enough to take the picture, but I'm not smart enough to operate the camera.  I'll have my old, non-electric, camera on stand-by.

Rand

erika shaffer

Dec 14, 2010, 9:57:32 PM12/14/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Well, I would be pro photoshoot actually happening.

r...@coffeezombie.com

Dec 15, 2010, 4:39:43 PM12/15/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
My camera would do it, it can rapid fire several shots a second. But I wouldn’t want to get gooey food items all over it.

Adam Harrison

Dec 15, 2010, 4:46:47 PM12/15/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
If you are using an DLR of some sort, put the UV filter on to protect the lens, and then wrap the camera a hotel shower cap. I've had great luck using that technique for shooting the mud stage in kinetic sculpture races.

-Adam

erika shaffer

Dec 16, 2010, 10:09:51 AM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
You know, I didn't initially thinking there would be flinging of
dairy, but if that's what y'all want....

erika shaffer

Dec 16, 2010, 10:11:10 AM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
You know, I didn't initially thinking there would be flinging of
dairy, but if that's what y'all want....

erika shaffer

Adam Harrison

Dec 16, 2010, 11:02:15 AM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
You know it must be official when Erika posts in triplicate. ;-)

-Adam

erika shaffer

Dec 16, 2010, 11:30:50 AM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I just get so excited I have to say it 3 times.

Mmmmmm.....women covered in marscapone.

Erika, who needs to get her mind off of naughty yummies and back onto work.

erika shaffer

Gabriel Cain

Dec 15, 2010, 4:44:14 PM12/15/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com

I'm totally set up with a studio and the proper gear to capture this
sort of motion. Bring plastic sheeting. ;)

-Gabriel

r...@coffeezombie.com wrote:
> My camera would do it, it can rapid fire several shots a second. But I

> wouldn�t want to get gooey food items all over it.

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 16, 2010, 1:18:48 AM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Shooting form a bit of a distance could help as well. Seems like a
waste of mascarpone though. :P Maybe find something as a substitute
for flinging.

~Draco

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2010, 10:26:39 AM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Now its just being taken to a dirty place. :)

Paisley
Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Rand Hawkyns

Dec 16, 2010, 3:26:25 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I'll bring a case of canned whipped cream.

rand

> Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 13:44:14 -0800
> From: gab...@dreamingcrow.com

> To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: Re: [Seattle Steamrats] Naughty Mascarpone
>

> I'm totally set up with a studio and the proper gear to capture this
> sort of motion. Bring plastic sheeting. ;)
>
> -Gabriel
>

> r...@coffeezombie.com wrote:
> > My camera would do it, it can rapid fire several shots a second. But I
> > wouldn’t want to get gooey food items all over it.

erika shaffer

Dec 16, 2010, 3:31:18 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I'll....get started on making some sort of steampunk marscapone
flinging outfit. I'm thinking some sort of Victorian petticoat and
chemise type situation.
-erika, who will totally only reply once this time, swear.

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2010, 6:38:59 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Plastic sheeting conjures up the wrong image. :)

r...@coffeezombie.com wrote:
> My camera would do it, it can rapid fire several shots a second. But I
> wouldn’t want to get gooey food items all over it.

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2010, 6:41:47 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
So many possibilities!

Paisley
Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Dec 16, 2010, 7:46:32 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
YUM!

Paisley
Vivi con passione ~ Ridi di cuore ~ Ama profondamente

Rand Hawkyns

Dec 16, 2010, 8:16:31 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Ms Paisley, I'm shocked!

Please get your mind out of the gutter.
The plastic sheeting is to protect the photographic equipment from the flying mascarpone.

Rand

(I could never get away with saying that in person.  I don't think I could stop chuckling)

ps - I love fruitcake.

> Subject: Re: [Seattle Steamrats] Naughty Mascarpone
> To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
> From: paisley...@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:38:59 +0000

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2010, 8:30:07 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I am shocked as well. I've been influenced by .rand.

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 17:16:31 -0800

Rand Hawkyns

Dec 16, 2010, 8:25:06 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Then my work here is done.
On to the next vict... ahem... lady...

To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
From: paisley...@gmail.com
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 01:30:07 +0000

I am shocked as well. I've been influenced by .rand.

PaisleySent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Gabriel Cain

Dec 16, 2010, 8:37:37 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com

That sounds good. I think, for me, the Sunday of Jan 9 works well for
that.

-Gabriel

erika shaffer

Dec 16, 2010, 11:37:21 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
So what time do we want to look at? Gabriel, what time works best for
you, since it's your space?

-Erika

Barbara Goldman

Dec 17, 2010, 1:21:44 AM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
And here I was, thinking we were going to have a nice asst. dairy goods slip-and-slide...
Maizie
P.S.- I have fruitcake.

On 12/16/2010 5:16 PM, Rand Hawkyns wrote:
Ms Paisley, I'm shocked!

Please get your mind out of the gutter.
The plastic sheeting is to protect the photographic equipment from the flying mascarpone.

Rand

(I could never get away with saying that in person. �I don't think I could stop chuckling)

ps - I love fruitcake.

> Subject: Re: [Seattle Steamrats] Naughty Mascarpone
> To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
> From: paisley...@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:38:59 +0000
>
> Plastic sheeting conjures up the wrong image. :)
>
> Paisley
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2010, 2:34:57 AM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I heard Rand likes fruitcake and he is armed with whipped cream.

Paisley who is off to see Tron in 3D.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

From: Barbara Goldman <be...@coffeezombie.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:21:44 -0800

And here I was, thinking we were going to have a nice asst. dairy goods slip-and-slide...
Maizie
P.S.- I have fruitcake.

On 12/16/2010 5:16 PM, Rand Hawkyns wrote:
Ms Paisley, I'm shocked!

Please get your mind out of the gutter.
The plastic sheeting is to protect the photographic equipment from the flying mascarpone.

Rand

(I could never get away with saying that in person.  I don't think I could stop chuckling)

ps - I love fruitcake.

> Subject: Re: [Seattle Steamrats] Naughty Mascarpone
> To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
> From: paisley...@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:38:59 +0000
>
> Plastic sheeting conjures up the wrong image. :)
>
> Paisley
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Gabriel Cain

Dec 17, 2010, 2:32:47 AM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com

2pm starting time sounds good. So who all is in for these shenanigans?

-Gabriel

Rand Hawkyns

Dec 17, 2010, 9:32:17 AM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
That's a warm weather activity.

I will be sponsoring an event this summer.  I am currently reviewing suitable sites for CreamCon.

Some activities include:
10 Best Ways to eat Whipped Cream
The Art of Whipped Cream Dueling
Mascarpone 101
Don't hate your friends just because they like chocolate
It's Not Ruined! How to clean mascarpone from your clothing
A tournament for whipped cream dueling
A whipped cream wrestling pit.
A cream lubricated slip and slide.

Stay tuned for further developments.
Rand

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 22:21:44 -0800
From: be...@coffeezombie.com

To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com

And here I was, thinking we were going to have a nice asst. dairy goods slip-and-slide...
Maizie
P.S.- I have fruitcake.

On 12/16/2010 5:16 PM, Rand Hawkyns wrote:
Ms Paisley, I'm shocked!

Please get your mind out of the gutter.
The plastic sheeting is to protect the photographic equipment from the flying mascarpone.

Rand

(I could never get away with saying that in person.  I don't think I could stop chuckling)

ps - I love fruitcake.

> Subject: Re: [Seattle Steamrats] Naughty Mascarpone
> To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
> From: paisley...@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:38:59 +0000
>
> Plastic sheeting conjures up the wrong image. :)
>
> Paisley
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Rand Hawkyns

Dec 17, 2010, 9:36:04 AM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Count me in.  I'll bring photo equipment and whipped cream.

I'm assuming steamy attire is required.

Rand

> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:32:47 -0800

erika shaffer

Dec 17, 2010, 9:46:21 AM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I will be there. And I am planning to be dressed in something steamy.
Probably victorianesque lingerie.

paisley...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2010, 10:40:43 AM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I have only bad thoughts......

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 06:32:17 -0800

amster...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2010, 3:29:12 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Good call Rand. Although we may need a butter churn and actual cream since Victorians didn't have canned whipped cream. Make em work up sweat before they fling it around.

Regs,
Chris
Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry Thing

Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 12:26:25 -0800

amster...@gmail.com

Dec 16, 2010, 3:14:17 PM12/16/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I think that was the idea.
Hmm pudding could be a moderately ok substitute for marscapone.
Regs,
Chris
Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry Thing

amster...@gmail.com

Dec 17, 2010, 11:48:40 AM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Then Rand's plan is working!

Date: Fri, 17 Dec 2010 15:40:43 +0000

Dizzy Roberts

Dec 17, 2010, 12:19:34 PM12/17/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
Hmmm this whole thread has taught me one thing, lactose intolerence is greatly limiting my sex appeal!
lol...
Dizzy
who is about to bake not unsexy vegan cupcakes
On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 10:21 PM, Barbara Goldman <be...@coffeezombie.com> wrote:
And here I was, thinking we were going to have a nice asst. dairy goods slip-and-slide...
Maizie
P.S.- I have fruitcake.

On 12/16/2010 5:16 PM, Rand Hawkyns wrote:
Ms Paisley, I'm shocked!

Please get your mind out of the gutter.
The plastic sheeting is to protect the photographic equipment from the flying mascarpone.

Rand

(I could never get away with saying that in person.  I don't think I could stop chuckling)

ps - I love fruitcake.

> Subject: Re: [Seattle Steamrats] Naughty Mascarpone
> To: seattle-...@googlegroups.com
> From: paisley...@gmail.com
> Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 23:38:59 +0000
>
> Plastic sheeting conjures up the wrong image. :)
>
> Paisley
> Sent from my Verizon Wireless CrackBerry

Cheshire Dragon

Dec 19, 2010, 2:27:53 PM12/19/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
*lol* No one said you had to eat the stuff. Isn't that what other
people are around for? :P

~Draco

On Fri, Dec 17, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Dizzy Roberts <eric...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hmmm this whole thread has taught me one thing, lactose intolerence is
> greatly limiting my sex appeal!
> lol...
> Dizzy
> who is about to bake not unsexy vegan cupcakes

erika shaffer

Dec 19, 2010, 3:13:00 PM12/19/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
I may bring strawberries or something...those have no dairy....

Dizzy Roberts

Dec 19, 2010, 4:33:06 PM12/19/10
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
oh my.... fans self.....
lol
Dizzy

erika shaffer

Jan 2, 2011, 12:52:36 PM1/2/11
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
So....naughty marscapone next Sunday at 2?

Who's in?

Who's bringing what?

I'll be there with strawberries for sure...

Erika

Also, can we get an address/directions for those of us who don't know
where we are going?

Rand Hawkyns

Jan 2, 2011, 6:41:00 PM1/2/11
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com