A fun build project!

Voodoo Bunny

Jul 6, 2014, 6:05:53 PM7/6/14
to seattle-...@googlegroups.com
So my steampunk board game, Incredible Expeditions, is going to premiere at Gen Con in August at the largest tabletop gaming convention in North America. (Yay!)

We're building a fabulous steampunked-out set for the booth to draw people into the world of the game. If you would like to help bodger a wonderful set that will be seen by literally tens of thousands of people, I'm hosting open construction days every remaining Sunday in July (the 13th, 20th and 27th) at my house in Bellevue. We'll be painting the set panels and building furniture things such as tables to demo the game and a display rack. If you'd like to lend a hand and play with power tools, please join us! Even if you've never held a hammer before, we can teach you, no problem.

There are also a couple of special design projects I'm looking for folks to jump in on:

1. We're doing a random prize draw at the booth using different colored marbles. It would be really cool if, instead of a plain box for the drawing, a steampunk contraption could be constructed to deliver a marble from a hopper (like a gumball machine). It would have to be simple and robust to withstand cross-country transport and a few thousand uses.

2. The theme of the booth set will be the ship of the antiquities-hunter sky pirate character from the game. The figurehead of the ship is a clockwork dragon (since the ship is made from a reconstructed royal junkship). It would be super cool if we could sculpt a large faux-wood and clockwork dragon to be an amazing figurehead of the booth. I was thinking the sculpture could be carved from foam and fiberglassed for durability.

If you'd like to help, send me a message and so I can give you my address and further details. Already, game critics are predicting this is the year that steampunk games are going to really hit it big. This is our chance to show America what the 'rats can do!

-Liz Spain