Mercurial link

ozten

Dec 12, 2007, 3:20:59 AM12/12/07
to Seattle SICP Study Group
Here is a good intro to distributed version control ( and specifically
Mercurial )

http://www.selenic.com/mercurial/wiki/index.cgi/UnderstandingMercurial

I started off using git on my SICP code ( between different computers,
etc ) but haven't been good about commiting or publishing and ended up
rsyncing instead.

I will give Mercurial a shot this week...

Icosahedron

Dec 15, 2007, 4:34:37 PM12/15/07
to seattle-sicp...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the link.  I love Mercurial.  I too used git for a while, a couple of months, and liked it, but it had too many quirks on Windows.  I've given Mercurial a try and it works great, even on Windows.

I've only used it on small code bases though.  I don't know if it would scale as well as git would.  However, it suits my needs perfectly.

Jay
--
Icosahedron
20 sides of fun

ozten

Dec 18, 2007, 2:08:33 PM12/18/07
to Seattle SICP Study Group
http://www.ozten.com/cgi-bin/hg/webdir.cgi

A bit untidy :) but here is all my Scheme code. Top level files SICP-
X.Y.Z.scm are homework exercises.

Also included - contour aware image resizing code
- picture language stuff

try
hg clone http://www.ozten.com/cgi-bin/hg/webdir.cgi/SICP to grab my
code.