Re: Finishing up independent study / thanks

ac

Feb 10, 2008, 3:24:32 AM2/10/08
to seattle-sicp...@googlegroups.com
Is anybody interested in a functional programming meetup? It would be different than Seafunc in that it would be focused on discussing projects and ideas and actually working on them rather than just hanging out and shooting the breeze.

     -Abram

On Jan 27, 2008 9:14 PM, Austin King <sh...@ozten.com> wrote:
Hi,
I am getting to the end of the book and just need to plow through some
stuff for class, so I think I am going to call it "quit'n time" for me
and the study group.

Your all set to manager, so feel free to take over
http://groups.google.com/group/seattle-sicp-study-group and i will
lurk on that list of course.

In a couple of months, I am open to random meetups to discuss stuff.
And there is always Seafunc.

Thanks for all your time and insights! See you around,
Austin King

beyer....@gmail.com

Feb 16, 2008, 2:32:03 AM2/16/08
to Seattle SICP Study Group
I do think that would be interesting, provided that it actually
maintains a decent S/N. I kinda agree that the seafunc meetings I've
been to (admittedly not many) do tend to be mostly social hour and
sometimes a bit lacking in content. The problem is to avoid devolving
quickly into the same thing...which I think would require a bit more
formal structure - perhaps only schedule meetings when you have a
specific topic and a speaker/presenter/moderator type person to keep
the meeting on track.
Did you have any specific topics in mind to start out with?
Also, I was catching up on newsfeeds today and was just read some
messages on seafunc of people there who also seem to want a bit more
organization...perhaps some collaborative planning is in order?