some silly messaging code

1 view

Max

Dec 8, 2011, 3:33:34 AM12/8/11
to Seattle Java Android Study Sessions
Hey folks,

I just created a few simple messaging classes and a test app to try
them out, the details are here: http://goo.gl/QCkUD . Please let me
know if that code smells bad :) The test-app uses RoboGuice, so it
might be worth a look if DI floats your boat.

f0dder1024

Dec 9, 2011, 1:45:46 PM12/9/11
to Seattle Java Android Study Sessions
This looks interesting. Do you think it's possible to have a demo
monday?

On Dec 8, 12:33 am, Max <max.nachlin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hey folks,
>
> I just created a few simple messaging classes and a test app to try

> them out, the details are here:http://goo.gl/QCkUD. Please let me

Max

Dec 9, 2011, 2:03:00 PM12/9/11
to Seattle Java Android Study Sessions
I'll be happy to demo it. Our scheduled study-sessions don't start
next year right? If we're having a scheduled study-session on Monday,
I'd rather do that than show my silly test app.

Jose Collas

Dec 21, 2011, 8:26:05 PM12/21/11
to Seattle Java Android Study Sessions
Have you looked into using the classes:

import java.util.EventListener;
import java.util.EventObject;

for "messaging".

JC

Max

Jan 5, 2012, 7:01:45 PM1/5/12
to Seattle Java Android Study Sessions
I've not checked those classes out (which isn't surprising as I'm a
JAVA n00b :) The main problem I was trying to solve was getting
classes to talk without having to couple them. I've since had a look
at Roboguice events and am sold on those:

http://code.google.com/p/roboguice/wiki/Events

Especially since there's no real need to message across contexts (IMHO
Intents work well for that purpose).

--Max