Some cool links

Max

Dec 6, 2011, 11:55:20 PM12/6/11
to Seattle Java Android Study Sessions
Android UI Patterns
http://www.androidpatterns.com/

Great Dependency Injection framework for Android
http://code.google.com/p/roboguice/

I was going to recommend ActionBarSherlock as well, but today noticed
it adding roughly 350ms to my Activities' setContentView() calls. So
I'm going to try and use the ActionBar provided in this sample from
Google:

http://developer.android.com/resources/samples/ActionBarCompat/index.html

--Max

f0dder1024

Dec 7, 2011, 7:57:52 PM12/7/11
to Seattle Java Android Study Sessions
I thought this article (http://jamesshore.com/Blog/Dependency-
Injection-Demystified.html) did an amazing job distilling DI.

Originally I read the Martin Fowler article and I left away still
confused. (http://www.martinfowler.com/articles/injection.html)

Side note:
Been playing around with tuning my VM & more eclipse hot key fun.

trying these out:
-vmargs
-Dosgi.requiredJavaVersion=1.5
-XX:PermSize=400M
-XX:MaxPermSize=500M
-Xms512m
-Xmx1024m
-XX:+UseParallelGC

My shortcut still points to javaw.exe
C:\tools\eclipse-java-indigo4Mobile\eclipse\eclipse.exe -vm "C:\dev
\jdk1.6.0_29\\bin\javaw.exe"

Alt + Z for adding try/catch. Doing the normal try I'd have to arrow
down to fill the catch part.
Now I surround the code that needs the try/catch block and press Alt +
Z.

Ctrl + Shift + g: Highlight a method press this bad boy and it lists
who calls it.