Virtual Meeting March 21, 2021

Greg Frost

Mar 20, 2021, 6:10:35 PM3/20/21
to Seattle IF
The next virtual meetup of the Seattle/Tacoma IF group will be this Sunday, March 21, from 2 PM to 4 PM PDT via Google Meet. This month, Hanon Ondricek will be joining us to play and discuss his 2016 game Fair.

I've sent out the Google Meet link by email; let me know if you don't have it and I will make sure you're added.

Greg Frost

Mar 22, 2021, 12:34:48 AM3/22/21
to Seattle IF
Thanks very much to Hanon Ondricek for joining us! Here are my notes from today's meetup.

Attendees: Angelique P, Brian R, David D, David G, Gene S, Greg F, Hanon O, Julia B, Lance C, Mike S, Paul M, S. Paxton, Stephen J, Thursday Rome
Location: Online (Google Meet)

Program (2 PM - 4:30 PM)
1:50 Introductions and opening discussion
2:00 Updates on changes to IFDB from Brian and Lance
2:05 Played Fair by Hanon Ondricek, presented by the author
 -this game was started after release of The Baker of Shireton
 -Fair was intended to be a game that most people could finish
 -used complex systems and conflicting goals to create replay value
 -uses Emily Short's Recorded Endings extension for Inform 7
 -showed the poster for the in-game The Handmaid's Tale rock musical adaptation Oh! Offred!
 -Hanon: "Confusion is a feature in my games"
4:00 Played and discussed some alternate endings for Fair
4:25 Announced next month's Spring Thing meetup topic
4:30 Adjourn