Virtual Meeting September 13, 2020

Greg Frost

Sep 3, 2020, 11:44:26 PM9/3/20
to Seattle IF

We’ll have the next virtual meetup on Sunday, September 13th at 2 PM PDT. We’ll be finishing Lynnea Glasser’s Coloratura, followed by a discussion of the game’s narrative techniques, unique color-based mechanics, and other topics of interest.

I’ll send out the Google Meet link via email; please contact me if you need the link.

Greg Frost

Sep 13, 2020, 8:00:29 PM9/13/20
to Seattle IF
Here are my notes from today's meeting:

Attendees: Greg, Lance, Mike, Paul, Seth
Location: Online (Google Meet)

Program (2 PM - 4:30 PM)
Introductions
Brief discussion of testing for Lance's game Stuff of Legend
Resumed Coloratura by Lynnea Glasser
Discussed the game's use of a relatively consistent, logical map for players who are not carefully mapping. This was followed by a discovery that all the room names change after a certain point.
Brief digression into games as maps; mention of Brian Davies' Winter Break at Hogwarts from IFComp 2019.
Speculated about internals of the map system for Coloratura's endgame, including probable similarities to Ether and Ryan Veeder's Authentic Fly Fishing.
Finished Coloratura, started the optional epilogue. Transcript of today's play session attached (it does not include last month's transcript, unfortunately).
Paul mentioned that he is looking for testers for his IFComp entry for this year. If interested, please contact him this week or next.
Adjourned at 4:45 PM.
Seattle Tacoma IF Coloratura Transcript 2020-09-13.txt