Future meeting: Short game playthrough

Lance Campbell

Jun 13, 2020, 1:01:38 PM6/13/20
to Seattle IF
Another idea, let's get together a list of short games, pick someone to be a driver, and play through the game as a group. Like what Mike did at some previous sessions but with a shorter game and an intent to finish the game during a single meeting.

It would be even cooler to get a guest author to be the driver, similar to Clash of the Type-ins or Stephen Granade's twitch.tv sessions.

Greg Frost

Jun 15, 2020, 11:57:16 PM6/15/20
to Seattle IF
I like it. I think we have enough time to devote a meeting to one game and finish it, then discuss it. We almost did that with Jelly this time; I didn't realize how close we were to the end.

And I'm certainly interested in switching up the person reading the text. If we could get the author to read it, I agree that would be even better.

Lance Campbell

Jun 16, 2020, 9:09:43 AM6/16/20
to seatt...@googlegroups.com
This brings up another discussion point, which is the future format of this meeting after the pandemic. There are pros and cons to both onsite and virtual meetings. I would still like to see both in the future. Might even be a way to have monthly meetings, have a mix.

The other advantage of having virtual meetings is, of course, distance guests. This idea might work well with the "author drives their own work" idea.

What are some thoughts from the rest of the group?