Next Meetup September 22

Greg Frost

Sep 5, 2019, 2:35:01 PM9/5/19
to Seattle IF
The next Seattle area IF meetup will be Sunday, September 22nd from 2-4 PM in Thompson Hall 310 at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma. As always, there is parking available in the lot next door.

This month David Dunham, the creator of the games "Six Ages" and "King of Dragon Pass," will give a brief show and tell about his current project. We'll also play through the newly released game "Renegade Brainwave" by J. J. Guest.

Hope to see you there!

Paxton

Sep 6, 2019, 1:10:51 PM9/6/19
to Seattle IF
Looking forward to it! I'll definitely be there, and I'll re-post/link this on the Seattle Indies Discord to try and get some other folks going as well.

Greg Frost

Sep 7, 2019, 8:28:31 PM9/7/19
to Seattle IF
Thanks. Would you be willing to share the Seattle Indies link here for those who are interested in checking it out?

Paxton

Sep 8, 2019, 12:16:15 PM9/8/19
to Seattle IF
Absolutely - the main site for the org is https://www.seattleindies.org/ but the best place for information on their various meetups is https://www.meetup.com/SeattleIndies/

The place I shared this link is on the discord, which is fairly active https://discord.gg/AUYduSA

Greg Frost

Sep 14, 2020, 12:39:41 AM9/14/20
to Seattle IF
Here are my notes from the September 2019 meetup:

Attendees: Greg, Mike, S. Paxton
Location: University of Puget Sound, Thompson Hall 310

Program (2 - 4:30 PM)
Played all the way through Renegade Brainwave by J. J. Guest.
 -This game was originally released for EctoComp in 2010.
 -The version played at the meeting was an updated and expanded version with music.
 -Mike tested the expanded version prior to release.
 -The game has a distinct Hammer Horror / Universal B-movie vibe; it is dedicated to Ed Wood.
 -Discussed the companion Donald McRonald's behavior, apparently uses combinatoric strings.
 -Discussed whether a clown horn sound effect should play 1 in X times when Donald McRonald enters.
 -Discussed the Inform extension Adaptive Hints by Eric Eve.
 -Discussed whether crowbars count as keys in gameplay.
 -Discussed hypothetical Inform 7 extension for "use X on Y" (the LucasArts extension).

Brief digression/discussion of Toby's Nose by Chandler Groover
 -Are all of the objects in the game present in a single room?

Adjourned at 4:30.