next meetup May 5

mike.z...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2019, 2:03:58 PM4/24/19
to Seattle IF
Our next Seattle area IF meetup will be Sunday, May 5, at 2:00 p.m. in Room 374, Thompson Hall, at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma.  (It's the same place we've met the last few times.  Again, the parking lot next to Thompson Hall is available for visitors to park in, and it should be quite empty on a Sunday afternoon.)

This will probably be the last meetup Mathbrush will be able to attend before he moves out of state in June, so some of us thought it would be nice to play through one or more of his games.  We're thinking about Ether to start with, and then we can decide where to go from there.

Here's a link to the list of Mathbrush games: https://ifdb.tads.org/showuser?id=nufzrftl37o9rw5t

Mike

Greg Frost

Sep 14, 2020, 1:00:13 AM9/14/20
to Seattle IF
Here are my notes from the May 2019 meetup:

Attendees: David D, Greg, Jared, Mike (Brian was unfortunately unable to attend)
Location: University of Puget Sound, Thompson Hall 374

Program (2 PM - 4 PM)
Discussed Mathbrush games Swigian, Absence of Law
Brief discussion of IFComp 2017
Tried to play Cryptozookeeper (requires Hugo interpreter)

Played all the way through Ether by Mathbrush
 -Discussed directional navigation system
 -Discussed polish in interaction and hinting

Spring Thing 2019 Entries
Played a sample of WE R THE WORLD by Dan Hoy & Mike Kleine
Played a sample of I Will Be Your Eyes and Hands
Played a sample of The Ballroom by Liza Daly
Showed a sample of Harmonia by Liza Daly
Played a sample of Porter Cave Adventure by Cam Miller
 -Discussed tension of academic or educational games, balancing educational content with entertainment
 -Discussed lore in games, movies, reboots, etc.
Discussed stat tracking and story branching in Twine
Adjourned at 4:30 PM