Electric induction cook top

Jordan Van Voast

Sep 30, 2020, 11:25:11 AM9/30/20
to Western Washington Home Electrification
There's quite a price range for electric induction cooktops (we already have an electric oven) - from the Empava 36" for $550 on Amazon (which I am seriously considering), to over $5000 for a Thermador. Anyone have any recommendations?

So far I've been unable to find anything that would fit exactly within the cutout of the existing granite countertop. I'm guessing that I would need to find something the same size or slightly larger, and then cut the granite? The Empava would only require very narrow cuts of ~ 1/4 to 1/2 inch on every side.

Appreciated your comments/questions Mike about checking the existing circuit board to make sure it can accommodate new electrical loads.

thanks,

Jordan

Jeff Floor

Sep 30, 2020, 11:46:51 AM9/30/20
to Jordan Van Voast, Western Washington Home Electrification

All I can offer is our GE induction range was about $1,800 about eight years ago, and has been great. (I think it’s the equivalent of one of these.) It’s on a 240, just like a typical radiant electric would be. It’s a slide-in, but I bet GE makes a cooktop using the same components.