Re: Digest for seattle-home-electrification@googlegroups.com - 2 updates in 1 topic

Steve Gelb

Jul 10, 2023, 10:45:39 AM7/10/23
to seattle-home-e...@googlegroups.com
I've had a Rheem for a couple of years. No problems!

On Sun, Jul 9, 2023 at 9:40 PM <seattle-home-e...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Duane Jonlin <duane....@seattle.gov>: Jul 09 08:07AM -0700

All, I'm finally getting around to electrifying my own house.
There is one popular brand of residential heat pump water heaters that may
have been causing problems for homeowners. I won't mention that
manufacturer name, but could each of those of you with HPWHs installed
please let us know which model you bought, and whether you've had any
technical problems with it?
Brian Gix <bria...@gmail.com>: Jul 09 10:34AM -0700

I had a Ruud Ultra Series Professional installed in April 2021 (2.25 years)
which is identical (to my understanding) to a Rheem of the same 60 gal
capacity. I have had no problem with my household of 4 people, and been
using about $140/yr worth of electricity.

One of the things I did was install a mixing valve set at about 115-120
degrees, which allows me to set the temp on the heater to its full 140
degrees during peak times (a lot of company) to mimic a larger capacity
heater while keeping the water temp relatively safe. It also always me to
keep it in "Eco Mode" full time which avoids using the electric heating
element, even when maxing out the temperature.

I love it's smart phone app, which allows me to fine tune the heating
schedule of the water so I can have it down to it's minimum setting of 110
degrees 80%-90% of the time.

On Sun, Jul 9, 2023 at 8:08 AM Duane Jonlin <duane....@seattle.gov>
wrote:

Steve Gelb
Northwest Regional Director

Emerald Cities Collaborative | America Empowered
206 713-0952
E sg...@emeraldcities.org
W www.emeraldcities.org
Facebook EmeraldCitiesCollaborative | Twitter @EmeraldCities