Heat pump no backup

hollytownes

Jan 15, 2024, 4:23:17 PMJan 15
to seattle-home-e...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,
We installed a high efficiency Mitsubishi using our existing ducts a couple of years. It has no back up heat (no electric resistance coils or gas). This is the second long cold weather stint where we have been toasty warm in our home. Very happy here in Seattle to have replaced our gas furnace and to not stress the grid as much during these cold snaps.

This year we put in solar so now have that to cover our electric use over the year.

Replaced gas water heater with electric since it's in the heated space and I would have had to rewir and plumb into garage. Plus the extra cost.

We have not saved money on bills from having heatpump. Gas and electric about the same annual cost ( not a thorough analysis since did not adjust for weather).

Holly

Sent from my T-Mobile 5G Device