GameSoundCon

Brian Schmidt

Sep 1, 2020, 7:51:50 PM9/1/20
to seattle-g...@googlegroups.com

Hi Everyone,

Wanted to let everyone know: A few weeks ago we moved GameSoundCon online, it’s Oct 5-7.

In moving online, we’ve added a 3rd day and cut our registration to $25.

Given the current world situation, we have decided to donate 80% of registration fees to “Education Through Music – Los Angeles,” a non-profit that works to facilitate in-school music programs in low income and disadvantaged schools (elementary through high-school). Composer Austin Wintory, who is on the board, turned me on to this really great organization (etmla.org).

In going to 3 days, we also added the “Game Audio Education Summit,” for college level educators to discuss the challenges and issues of teaching game audio in a university environment and also to foster a sense of community among those who teach game music, sound or audio technology at the post-secondary level.

Registration is open and we are continuing to add sessions. Hope to see you there!

Thanks,

Brian