Cascadia Eco Wokshops Aug. 9+ - AND - rocket mass heater workshop ticket

1 view

Jocelyn Campbell

Aug 9, 2009, 10:36:05 PM8/9/09
to seattle-e...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

Fun news: there's a rocket mass heater workshop ticket giveaway! (For
the workshop in Maltby, Aug. 21-23.) Simply enter by participating on
the permies.com forums - see the details in the e-mail from Paul
Wheaton below.

The Seattle & Cascadia Eco Workshops Calendar at
www.jocelynsevents.com continues to have a HUGE amount of offerings
for all areas of learning to be more green. Find a free class, maybe
even one class a month, and boost your eco lifestyle.

Calendar Highlights
- Robyn Francis, award-winning permaculture designer and educator from
Australia - presentations and workshops in Tonasket (8/11), Bellingham
(8/13-14), Tacoma (8/17) and Olympia (8/18-19).
- FREE container gardening and composting workshops in Seattle - lots
of dates! 8/12, 8/16, 8/19, just for starters.
- Check out the The RE Store's Reuse Revival on Saturday, 8/22 - I've
always wanted retro door knobs, or windows from this cool place.
- Green Skyline LEED Homes Tour in Kelowna, BC, Monday, 8/24
- Bugs & Blights in Everett, choose your time, Wednesday, 8/26.
- Cutting Edge Scythe Workshop in Bellingham, Saturday, 8/29.

September brings:
*the Seattle Tilth Fair on Saturday, 9/12
*biochar demonstrations 9/19-20 and 9/26-27
*the WA State Permaculture Convergence 9/18-20
*Solar Hot Water 101 on the 19th
*Sustainable Ballard Festival 9/26-27
**and more - including loads of food and gardening classes such as
canning and winter gardening!

Drill into each event on the calendar for registration, fees and links
to websites for more information.

Just pick your 'shade of green:'
*Cascadia Eco Workshops - blue (this is the 'all-category' calendar)
*Alternative Energy - orange
*Alternative Health - pink
*Food, Sustainable Gardening and Locavore - purple
*Green & Alternative Building - green
*NW Permaculture - lime green
*Wilderness, Forestry and Environment. - gray

Then learn and enjoy. It's that simple. You might even save some money.

Don't forget the rocket mass heater workshop ticket giveaway below -
it's coming up fast, August 21-23!!

Wishing you all simple (eco) pleasures,

Jocelyn