NW & Cascadia Eco Calendar - June 4th-June 11th

Jocelyn Campbell

Jun 4, 2009, 11:13:51 PM6/4/09
to seattle-e...@googlegroups.com

Good day to you,

Whew! I took a bit of break and boy, did the events pile up! I’m leaping in to catch up, so here, finally, is the next ‘weekly’ announcement.

Have you been hearing about your water footprint lately? Check out this one minute water use calculator—it truly takes just a minute. The numbers there confirm what my friend has been telling me all along: hand-washing dishes saves water and energy! In fact, by hand-washing my dishes, and line-drying most of our clothes, I’ve saved 40% on my power bill. That works for me (and my frugal accounting nature)!

Here’s a sampling of this week’s events – go to the Seattle and Cascadia Eco Workshops Calendar for the full story.

  • June 4th (Thu.) – Beavers! Movie Night, Everett, WA, at the Northwest Stream Center
  • June 5th (Fri.) – Village Building Convergence, Portland, OR, a model event of sustainable community practices
  • June 5th (Fri.) – Climate Change and Architectural Response, Eugene, OR, AIA seminar with CE credits available
  • June 6th (Sat.) – Bastyr University’s 11th Annual Herb & Food Fair, Kenmore, WA, walk the foot reflexology path! (PLUS at least 10 more events this date)
  • June 8th (Mon.) – Organic Animal Husbandry, Winthrop, WA, presented by Tilth Producers and WSU Small Farms
  • June 10thRain Gardens, Rain Barrels & Your Backyard, Edmonds, WA, store and reuse rain water
  • June 13th (or the 6th, 20th or 27th, too) (Sat.) – West Duwamish Green Belt Forest Ecology Workshop and Work Party, Seattle, WA, free refreshments!

Looking ahead:

·        June 20th-21st (Sat. & Sun.) – Mountains to Sound Greenway kick off weekend along the I-90 corridor. These celebration, wilderness awareness and community building opportunities aren’t on my calendar (not quite hands-on, educational events) but definitely worth mentioning.

·        June 24th (Wed.) – Building Science Site Testing, Seattle, WA, another great learning opportunity from the NW EcoBuilding Guild.

·        June 29th (Mon.) - Sustainable Living in Community: Ecovillages, Transition Towns, & More, Maltby, WA, potluck and slideshow by internationally-recognized intentional community expert and author, Diana Leafe Christian.

·        July 6th (Sat.) – 6th Annual Shoreline SolarFest, Shoreline, WA – the largest renewable energy event in the Puget Sound area!

Keep an eye out at the permies forums for a Diana Leafe Christian book giveaway coming soon! Plus, the sustainability discussions and knowledge on these forums is pretty amazing. Take a peek.

Thank you for your interest in the Seattle and Cascadia Eco Workshops Calendar. Help spread the word by sharing this e-mail with anyone else who might be looking for a new shade of green. It’s these calendar categories (and colors) that I call the ‘shades of green:’

Cascadia Eco Workshops (this is the calendar for anything that doesn’t fit or overlaps the rest)

Alternative Energy

Alternative Health

Food, Sustainable Gardening and Locavore

Green & Alternative Building

NW Permaculture

Wilderness, Forestry and Environment.

Choose a shade of green. Then learn and enjoy. It’s that simple.

All my best to you and yours,

Jocelyn Campbell

Eco Events | QuickBooks | Accounting

www.jocelynsevents.com | www.jocelyncampbell.com

~~please think twice before printing this or any e-mail~~